NETWORK TECH POSITIONS

Have been trying to get off of desktop support positions and trying to get into networking . There
is a job that would be a lateral but Iwould be at the bottom of the food chain again. I would be doing basic wiring and cabling plus working with the phones. I dont know if in 3 years i would be in the same boat i am in now. I dont if this can lead to a network position or not. I REALLY am tired of desktop support . Just need some thoughts abount my next move

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think it sounds like a step in the right direction. You would at least probably be working with the network guys. Study up and show them what kind of knowledge you have and that you can handle more demanding tasks. Try and help out (or at least watch) with the configurations. If they see you are competant you will probably get more and more responsabilities. Just keep at it and don't give up!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    RATTLERMAN wrote:
    I REALLY am tired of desktop support.

Sounds like you know what to do already. Even though its a lateral move on paper, it sounds like for you it would be a step up in the long run.