Options

70-291 key exam areas?

abdirassabdirass Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, i have a few of questions for those of you who have done the 70-291 exam.

Q1.what are the key areas/topics that i should really read hard, i mean the most rampant in the exam?

Q2. what is the pass mark for this and how many questions are there?

Q3. how long is the exam i.e what duration allowed?

Q4. are there more simulations than there were in the 70-290 exam?

cheeers :P

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    DNS and WSUS seem to trip people up the most. You do need to know everything listed here though: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.mspx

The other information can be found here: http://www.techexams.net/microsoft/70-291.shtml

I'd go through all the lab exercises in the MS Press book because you need to know how to perform the tasks anyway. If you do this, the Sims won't be a problem.

I'm taking mine on the 29th, so check for the review.

In an interesting bit of trivia, the TE 291 forum is the third result when googling for 70-291.
  • Options
    DMinDMin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Q1.what are the key areas/topics that i should really read hard, i mean the most rampant in the exam?
    DNS is the heaviest focus. Also included are general networking questions, DHCP, GPOs and general Active Directory questions (particularly pertaining to security), Routing and Remote Access, IPSec, WSUS, and a little bit of IIS and ISA management...there were probably other topics that I'm just not remembering at the moment or that weren't as prevalent on my exam.
    Q2. what is the pass mark for this and how many questions are there?
    700, or 70%. I think mine was 46 questions. Same structure as the 70-290.
    Q3. how long is the exam i.e what duration allowed?
    Check the resources above, but I think it was about 3 1/2 hours. I used about 2 hours.
    Q4. are there more simulations than there were in the 70-290 exam?
    I don't remember if there were more sims, but the sims were definitely harder on the 70-291.
  • Options
    abdirassabdirass Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am pleased with clear and detailed answers you've given me. These are brilliant head ups and I will start off my reading this weekend with real motivation that I can always come back here and dig more info from you Guys.

Once again thanks to everone here and particularly to you two above icon_rolleyes.gif