Options

Beware practice exams included with textbooks

tlpwwxtlpwwx Inactive Imported Users Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Recently took course for Windows Vista at Local Community College using Thompson Course Technology,"MCTS Guide to Micrsoft Windows Vista", ISBN-13: 978-1-4188-3726-6.
Expected to study a few weeks using Test Prep Resources CD after end of semester then take 070-620 .
I understand that the questions on any practice exam will not be exactly like what will be on certification exam. However, I would think its only reasonable to expect the questions on the TestPrep CD to be in the textbook. icon_confused.gif:

If you are studying with the TestPrep disk that came with the book, you may want to reconsider.
Unfortunately, this site does not appear to have pactice 070-620 exam, yet.
Would somebody please recommend a good practice test which they have used with success?
Thank you and have a nice day.
"ad astra per alia porci" ( To the moon on the wings of a pig)-John Steinbeck

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    If you read up on certification guides in general in these forums, you'll find experiences vary as to whether the included CDs are of any value. Some are spot on, some are so horrible they're best used for coffee cup coasters. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

Also, if you read around in the forums, you'll find most test-takers have to rely on more than one resource, and the experienced ones come to expect that they will need to do so. For some exams, I've purchased the vendor's books as well as Exam Cram and downloaded exam practice tests from other vendors. Sometimes you may just have to do that.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    tlpwwxtlpwwx Inactive Imported Users Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I am starting to become a bit wiser after looking at the forums as you suggested.
    Besides, for general learning puroses it will always be best to study as many resources as possible.
    I was in a really exasperated state earlier. After looking at the Tech Notes and info in the forums(not only for this exam but others), it was sadly apparent that this is not an isolated case. In fact it seems almost to be the norm.
    Maybe I could use my TestPrep CDs to make a nice mobile.
    Thanks again,
    Best regards
    "ad astra per alia porci" ( To the moon on the wings of a pig)-John Steinbeck