Options

New CCSP books...

LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
From what I understand, the exams are being retired and new ones are coming out relatively soon. Does this mean they are going to be releasing new up-to-date books as well? The stuff out now is really outdated right?

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Based on what's here.....

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html

I don't see any mention of anything retiring soon other than CSVPN (642-511). The "old" IPS exam was retired last Wednesday. I haven't seen or heard anything about the others retiring soon. Maybe Mike has some inside info?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LOkrasa wrote:
    From what I understand, the exams are being retired and new ones are coming out relatively soon.
    They are? icon_eek.gif

Other than the CSVPN retiring and the new NAC exam being out and the continual updates to the PIX/ASA, SND, SNRS, and IPS exams... um, the CCSP has been anything but stable since the last major upgrade icon_lol.gif

Security is a moving target, so with the CCSP you have to keep an eye on the CCSP Certification Page and the individual exam topics and the Cisco Press web site. If they tweak an exam before you get to it, you may have to hit the Cisco Docs and White papers to find the new information that isn't in the existing Cisco Press books. Also keep an eye on the supplemental recommended reading on the Cisco Press web site.

When they do make a "drastic change" to the exam topics, they have been giving the exams an "updated" exam number and announcing the changes months in advance to give people a chance to finish studying for and take the "existing version."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well ok I guess I am way off... hehe... Thanks for the info guys.