Options

Does the Cisco 3524 XL 24 Port Switch have a CLI?

aidysprouleaidysproule Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does the Cisco 3524 XL 24 Port Switch have a CLI?

For a beginner to the CCNA what switch will I need to help me? Cheap as possible.

Comments

• Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, many of the commands are the same throughout many of the cisco catalyst switch family. Although you will find some commands different from XL series and commom series models. such as the 2950, 2960, etc..

Also you will find that XL series switches simply cannot do everything that a 2950/2960 (or greater models) can do.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Bringing an old thread back to life.

Does the Cisco 3524 XL switch do everything required for CCNA, or at least almost everything. I'm thinking mainly of VLAN's, trunking and STP. Just scored myself a free one, so don't want to turn it down unless it is of no use at all.
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They should support most of the stuff with a new enough IOS image but they don't support DTP.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wbosher wrote: »
    Just scored myself a free one, so don't want to turn it down unless it is of no use at all.
    Take it -- the price is right and it makes a fine 3rd switch for a home lab.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Good to hear, just didn't want another useless piece of gear sitting around doing nothing. I've got an old 1900 series switch which I can't even give away!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wbosher wrote: »
    I've got an old 1900 series switch which I can't even give away!
    The 1900 makes a good 4th or 5th switch for your home CCNA lab.... though I usually just suggest 3 switches for the CCNA :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!