Options

Sybex Security+ kit on sale on Amazon

HDDanielsHDDaniels Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    DarthLysisDarthLysis Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone bought this?

I used Sybex when I was working on my CCNA but didn't really like the books.

Anyone here with first hand use of this?

How us the software that comes with it? Especially the flash card part.
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I'm confused. I studied with the 2006 edition of the Sybex book and plan to take the exam soon (the "2007" Sec+ exam). Is there stuff I missed that will be on the test? I'm a little worried now.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    DarthLysisDarthLysis Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did some poking around Amazon. I think this bundle has the 2006 Third edition book you mentioned. The release date of this Kit is 2008 but it looks to be more of a repackaging of existing books rather than new editions.

I have seen other mentions of the 2007 edition of the test can you elaborate more on this?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They just add the current year onto the test. I believe the last revision was in 2005, and I think the new one is going to be out this fall.

Also, this is a great resource for anyone who is interested: http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4350
  • Options
    jdixon63jdixon63 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mog27 wrote:
    I'm confused. I studied with the 2006 edition of the Sybex book and plan to take the exam soon (the "2007" Sec+ exam). Is there stuff I missed that will be on the test? I'm a little worried now.
    I'm prepping with Sybex 2006 deluxe ed., too. When I realized the exam is 2007, I decided to study from the Syngress 2007 as well. I like the Syngress better so far; it actually explains a lot of the concepts that Sybex just glosses over.