Options

Primary Study Book

Gav0Gav0 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I passed the 270 this week and want to dive straight into the 290. I'm planning on using the MS Press book as my main study source as i've heard that the 290 sybex book is basically a clone of the xp material with a few extra bits thrown in.

Before i splash some cash on the book i just wanted to put out some feelers as to how good the book is or to see if anyone could recommend a better one,

thanks in advance,

:D
Gav0

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used MS Press and supplemented it with CBT Nuggets and Transcender.

Congrats on the pass and good luck with 290!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I used MS Press and supplemented it with CBT Nuggets and Transcender.

2nd that suggestion multiplied by 1000. MS press and transcender is the way to go with 290
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    I used MS Press and supplemented it with <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a> and Transcender.

2nd that suggestion multiplied by 1000. MS press and transcender is the way to go with 290

I agree. The route I went with 270 was with MS Press and Transcenders. This time with 290 though, I have added the CBT Nuggets to my arsenal. And they are great except for the fact James Conrad talks too fast or maybe the audio was speeded up in lieu of the lesson length. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Thanks guys, that sounds like sound advice - i might invest in the CBT Nuggets as ive heard good things.

what is the current version of the ms press book? is it 2nd edition?

thanks in advance
    Gav0
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Second Edition is the current version. You should also check out Safari. If you buy more than one book per month (and don't mind reading from your computer), this might save you some money. Plus, it's just nice to have access to that many books, so you can just browse specific sections as needed, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks Dynamik - i'll check it out
    Gav0