Options

Failing CCNA Exam !

sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
failed it twice now. scored 735. what's a good way to improve my score. considering retaking this next week.
"The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Stay on it. You need to be honest with yourself and decide what section is killing you, and focus on that. For me, it was ISDN..I ended up getting only a question or two on it, but it really hurt me the first time I took the CCNA. If you really need to, take a bit of a break, re-focus, and hit the books again. Are you doing much hands on practice? You can retain a lot more that way as opposed to reading only.
  • Options
    thing is I have tons of experience. i've done Frame Relay, MPLS, all the Cisco Voice products, etc. my routing & switch knowledge is limited, but I configure and troubleshoot networks as a consultant all the time. i'm just not grasping the exam. I got 0% correct on the WLAN questions and NAT/ACL's I got 42%.

i do recall one lab i wasn't able to get. i spent about 14 minutes on it so I moved on. had about 3 minutes left when the exam was over.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you study from the most recent version of the Odom Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library?

Did you compare your score report against the 640-802 Exam Blueprint? That should indicate the areas you need additional study and/or practice on.

Do you recognize and understand what the individual tasks in the exam blueprint are asking you know?

Are you experienced in doing the configuration, verification, and troubleshooting tasks in the exam blueprint? Did you practice those on real hardware or a simulator?

The CCNA is a Routing and Switching test -- so if you're weak on those areas, you may want to hit the books and lab some more before you attempt the exam again.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    elvantelvant Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    735 is very close, 1 more strike and you will be home run. Good Luck!!
    What is done is done, what yet to be done will be done. While in the process of doing, enjoy it.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got a 680 the first time I took it... and I passed with a 935 several months later. You need to just stick with it... dont get discouraged. Just make sure you read the objectives on ciscos site and understand what they are asking for.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Post your score report and we can see what you need to brush up on...bets of luck to ya on your next attempt!!
  • Options
    describe how a network works: 71%
    config, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs 77%
    implement an IP addressing scheme and ip services to meet ntwrk req : 62%
    conf, vrf and troubleshoot basic rtr operation: 57%
    WLAN 0%
    Identify security threats: 100%
    implement, vrfy, and troubleshoot NAT and ACL 42%
    WAN links 66%
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Looks like you need work on all the subjects other thasn security. What recources are you using?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I was relying on hands on experience and Todd Lammle's. I'm considering getting the practice labs from Test Kings.

I think had I successfully completed the second lab I could have passed. It was a weird lab question. had to choose ********************************************************* i couldn't get my ********** l**********. i believe i **********. (EDITED).
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You might want to edit your post. You can not give information out about the exam. Read the NDA.

I'd suggest staying away from the **** and using the Cisco Press books for preperation.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    WLANs are just memorization. Check out the cisco press book.