Options

Are Bryant Advantage's CD's the same as braindumps?

gonzoflickgonzoflick Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got a hold of a "Bryant's Advantage" Cisco training CD and while the material on board is useful, I'm reluctant to go through the "600 CCNA Questions" that are included with the CD. Is using this resource the same as using online braindumps? I want to go about my studying in the right way so as to give credit to myself when I pass.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Im not sure but Im a little dubious,

He promises 100% satisfaction guarenteed.

Exam prep and 520 Exam questions for $27??

I personally dont like the look of it or the site but thats just my opinion, hopefully someone here will know one way or the other and post for you.

If it turns out to be you can atleast take him up on his 90 day money back, no quibble guarentee!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sie wrote:
    Im not sure but Im a little dubious
    I'm a little dubious when someone says "I got a hold of..."

Chris Bryant is legitimate, even if his site does come across like an informercial.

If you got the CD from Chris, you're fine.

If you "got a hold" of it from "Midnight Software Downloads" then there's no telling what someone put on it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    No No No nothing dubious, and I dont doubt that Chris is legit. I have watched many of his programs. Im asking more to the people who have seen this LAB cd with the 600 ccna questions and the 100 CCNA gotchas and things like that.

Asking those people if they used them or not. thats all
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used/am using his stuff for the BSCI that I bought and I can tell you its very very informative. Its setup to really help you learn the material. I do not know if the questions are brain **** because I have not taken the BSCI yet but I dont think so. Chris is a respected figure in the Cisco community and I highly doubt he would resort to selling brain ****.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    gonzoflick wrote:
    No No No nothing dubious, and I dont doubt that Chris is legit. I have watched many of his programs. Im asking more to the people who have seen this LAB cd with the 600 ccna questions and the 100 CCNA gotchas and things like that.

Asking those people if they used them or not. thats all

I took a look at the questions that you are referring to from his trainsignal cbt? If so they are just a written out version of the practice test software he gives you with the ccna package...these are written by him and not stolen from the exams...Chris Bryant is defiantly not one to promote cheating I'll tell you that for sure.
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    gonzoflick wrote:
    I got a hold of a "Bryant's Advantage" Cisco training CD and while the material on board is useful, I'm reluctant to go through the "600 CCNA Questions" that are included with the CD. Is using this resource the same as using online braindumps? I want to go about my studying in the right way so as to give credit to myself when I pass.

Any input would be appreciated.

Here is a site that will make sure you steer clear of illegal resources.

http://www.certguard.com/search.asp?Site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebryantadvantage.com%2F&getSite=Search
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm missing the concept of braindumps here. I though braindumps were generically just when tons of CCNA questions are posted with their answers. Do they have to be questions people have actually SEEN on a test or are braindumps just the questions themselves. because the 600 questions I'm referring to are just that, question answer question answer.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Braindumps are actual (or at least claim to be) questions from the exam. Some legit questions can be close to the real thing. There are only so many ways you can ask about some of the simple topics. Like others have stated Braynt's Advantage is well kown and trusted.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_**** (The 5th bullet)

I can't say whether or not what you have is legal or not. Questions and test engines are perfectly legal, it just depends on the source. Your best advise to be certain you are staying on the right side is to enter the source into the site in my previous pst.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gonzoflick wrote:
    Maybe I'm missing the concept of braindumps here. I though braindumps were generically just when tons of CCNA questions are posted with their answers. Do they have to be questions people have actually SEEN on a test or are braindumps just the questions themselves. because the 600 questions I'm referring to are just that, question answer question answer.

Braindumps are composed of questions that were submitted by actual test takers who wrote down the questions/answers right after the test... in essence they dumped their brain of all of the info they just collected while taking the test.
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    He's legit, and I have used his package before. The questions you are referring to as fas as 100 exam gotcha's are common mistakes that many have made and things that can trip you up in your studies if you aren't carefull thats why he covers them. As far as the questions go, everyone else has posted them.