Options

CCNP Lab

smaharjansmaharjan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looking for suggestions about what kinna equipments do I need for a descent CCNP lab.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    smaharjan wrote:
    Looking for suggestions about what kinna equipments do I need for a descent CCNP lab.

thanks

Start with dynamips. You can download it from sourceforge. That is all you need for the routing portions of the CCNP. As for switching, well I haven't crossed that road just yet.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd suggest you get some real equipment. Use Dynamips also, but nothing is better than the real thing.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the BSCI get four 2600 series routers with XM and get the BSCI lab portfolio. It will tell you which IOS to download for them and then use the lab book to do the labs with those 4 routers. If you have serious $ to blow then replace the 2600 series routers with some 2811 series.

For the other exams I would suggest checking out the respective lab books. I think the BCMSN recommends two 3560s and two 2960s and since Dynamips does not do anything with switches you will have to find equipment for this exam.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    can you replace the 2600xm's with 3640s? the 2600XM's seem to go for $200-$300 plus while the 3640s can be had for around $50-$70. add memory and a couple modules and you should be less than $ 200.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685