Options

About to Start 297 - any advice? - now passed

dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am just about to start preparing for 297. I have already bought the exam cram and looked at a few other books. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have looked through a few post and been a bit scared by the type of testlet questions asked in this exam, does anyone have any tips on how to prepare or any tips when actually sat down taking this exam?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    booked for the 28th Feb, wish me luck
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck.

I like to just skim the scenario, then read the questions, then go back and look for the information you need. There is so much unnecessary information that you waste a lot of time reading it first, whereas if you just skim it, then read the questions and go find the answer it seems to be less frustrating.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Sat the exam today and scored a 754 :) had 6 case studys (Testlets) and 46 questions in total.

It was a bit easier than i thought once getting through the mountains of useless info. I was a little worried about this exam before sitting it and i can see how time can become an issue if you read everyword in the case study for each section.

This was the last one i needed to complete MCSE2k3 :D

on to 2k8 now if i can persuade the company i work for to pay for it - helps that a few customers have been asking about 2k8 in the last few days - but company policy is that they wont adopt it for at least a year then it has to go through a years testing - going to spend the afternoon writing an email to my manager on why it is in the companies interest to pay for me to upgrade my certs :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plus, you want to be prepared and experienced with it once that year roles around. Why wait until it is in use before you start to study? That wouldn't make sense.

Congrats on the pass and the MCSE icon_thumright.gif