Options

Headed for 70-620 Now!!!!

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
I'm off to the Exam, a little nervous but that's just me. Crossing my fingers it's my second shot at this exam....

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Failed for the Second time with a 602. I am probably not going to retake this exam as the studying and failing such a simple test has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I was cruising through the questions this test was very easy only 1 or 2 questions had me stumped, I also had the same question twise... How many wrong did I get if the passing scoe is 700 and I got a 602??
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You got approximately 60% of the questions correct.

Hang in there. I think the only people who are saying that this is an easy test are the ones you have already done 70-270. This looks like your first attempt at breaking into the MS world, and the exams are drastically different than the CompTIA exams.

What study materials are you using?
  • Options
    Correct this is my first step into the MS World and so far I HATE it. I am using Transcender, MS Pres Training kit, and mike myers passport. I am getting between 75-80% on practice exams. I have another post about how awful the studying has been. I have contacted transcender because of wrong answers in ther practice test which they aknowleged and supposedly fixed, Mike nyers has spelling and gramical errors, and MS Press training kit had the same question twice with 2 different answers. I'm sooo done now I have no good solid training material.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Post some questions you got wrong in the forum and tell us why you thought it was another answer. Maybe there is a flaw in the way you are viewing the questions. If you post your thoughts about a question someone may be able to find what you are doing wrong.

Don't give up, you are this far into the test. It will make you excited and smarter when you do pass the test.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Well I can't remember exactly what the question was but there was a question in the transcender practice tests that said choose 2 answers but in the explanation there were 3 correct answers. that's jut 1 experience from transcender. There were more issues with MS press training kit also along the same lines..
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Taking a relatively new exam can be difficult because, as you're discovering, the training resources can contain a number of errors, most of which will be corrected in later revisions. Download the new Transcender exams as they're released and keep up with the errata for your books. That's about all you can do.

You should strive to be at 90% or higher on your practice tests before you take the exam. The range you're at has you teetering pretty close to that pass/fail mark. You only missed a pass by 4-5 questions, which really isn't much. Brush up on your weak areas and give it another shot. The second shot offer has been extended, so you have a safety net if you fail it again. Third time's a charm though, so I don't think that will be necessary ;)
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch for your support, I have tried updating transcender but it says that I already have the latest updates go figure but, so I only missed it by 4-5 questions I tried figuring it out myself but was cmoning up with more like 9 or 10 but thanks again I guess I have to wait 14 days now to go again.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you actually used Vista and experimented with it? You didn't mention any hands-on as part of your training.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Yes I have been using it for the last 5 month's (vista Business edition) but I really don't utilize all of the features. I know how to get around pretty good but really don't have a need to do much configuring with e-mail( we have exchange), phishing filter and firewall (we have a hardware firewall here at work), Elevation privelages (we use group policies) I don't use windows meeting space, and we don't have wireless here so that's just a few of the things in vista which I was tested on but don't everutilize them here at work. I'm still using XP Pro on my home laptop, it's an old slow one that I got for free and basically use it for internet and practice tests so I would not be able to upgrade it to Vista.