Options

Passed w/885 this morning!

JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got back from the testing center and I'm pumped! Passed with an 885. I actually thought the test was going to be a bit harder. I liked the simulation questions, seemed like those were the easiest. I used the MS self-paced training kit book and the technotes from this site along with hands-on lab usage. I also got offered my first job in IT this morning so I'm a little excited. Thanks for all on this board who helped! =)

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats x2!!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the pass and the solid score icon_thumright.gif

The sims are only easy as long as you know what you're doing. Basic tasks can trip you up if you haven't done them before. That's why it's imperative that you get hands-on experience along the way. You can do most of the 290 exercises on XP (users, groups, permissions, etc.), but your later studies, particularly 291, will require some serious lab work.

What's next on your agenda?
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my congrats to you!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks all! Definitely going for my 291 to finish out the MCSA. Right now I've got a physical machine running server2003 and a few virtual clients. I figure I'll install another virtual server for the 291 and maybe some Windows 2000 clients for the 291. Any suggestions towards the lab would be great too!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was able to do above and beyond the lab work in the MS Press book with four Server 2003 VMs and two XP client VMs. That was just for some personal RRAS scenarios I was playing around with; you won't need that many to prepare for the exam.