Options

Has anyone here used the The bryant advantage CCNA guides?

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
Planning to take my CCNA within 6-8 weeks of hardcore studying. I have already just ordered the books below, but was wondering if anyone here has used The bryant advantage CCNA guides?

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-802) Sybex 6th Edition Book/CD Package

CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802) 3rd Edition Cisco Press Book/CD Package

CCNA Portable Command Guide 2nd Edition Cisco Press

I have a lab setup by my brother who is CCNP

Also thinking of getting Transcenders for the exam for practice tests.

Thanks,
D-boy

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Bryant and Transcender are good resources. It's nice to get a little bit of variety, so I'd say add them in. However, you could also just get by with what you have. It's really up to you.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    YOu can try querying the board with the search function. You will most liekly get several hits on people writing about it's pros and cons.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    D-boy wrote:
    Planning to take my CCNA within 6-8 weeks of hardcore studying. I have already just ordered the books below, but was wondering if anyone here has used The bryant advantage CCNA guides?

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-802) Sybex 6th Edition Book/CD Package

CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802) 3rd Edition Cisco Press Book/CD Package

CCNA Portable Command Guide 2nd Edition Cisco Press

I have a lab setup by my brother who is CCNP

Also thinking of getting Transcenders for the exam for practice tests.

Thanks,
    D-boy

I would highly recommend the Bryant Advantage guide.
    I used his material along with several other sources and passed on the first try.

Good luck.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just brought the Bryant Advantage guide icon_wink.gif Thanks!

Seems like such an easy read, Chris Bryant really breaks the concepts down!

D-boy!