Options

Best CCNA Practice tests?

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
I have decided to take the latest CCNA exam prior to looking into becoming a CCSI. Although Im studying for the IE right now I believe it's important to study specifically for the certification you will be tested on so you are not caught out on test day. Im looking over the CCNA blueprint.

Which are the best practice tests to buy to get upto speed? Transcender or Boson or someone else? I notice that Boson do these netsims these days, are these just a subtitute for real equipment or do they involve hands on scenarios to practice for the test? Ideally I will do some practice tests and reorientate my studies for a short while and then take the test once Im more familiar on the subjects they are testing on these days.

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We have been using Boson since the new exam came out, it seems ok. With all you have been working on for the CCIE the NA shouldn't be much of an issue for you. The bigger deal will be the CCSI lab exam, don't under estimate it. It's not the CCIE lab but it's not just CCNA either.

Good Luck!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dtlokee wrote:
    We have been using Boson since the new exam came out, it seems ok. With all you have been working on for the CCIE the NA shouldn't be much of an issue for you. The bigger deal will be the CCSI lab exam, don't under estimate it. It's not the CCIE lab but it's not just CCNA either.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot dtlokee. I think I will try the ex-sim?

The CCSI is something I have wanted to do for a few years now but work got in the way. Hopefully I can progress this after the summer.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah we've been using the ExSim Max product. Just remember if you plan on using the CCNA to qualify for CCSI you need to pass it at the instructor level (NDA prevents me from saying what it is). Due toe the 180 day retake period when you pass, if you don't think you have it beat by a lot you might want to fail it so you can retake it sooner. (it's an odd strategy.)
    The only easy day was yesterday!