Taking 70-290 this weekend... Is it really that hard

I read through two books and I'm doing practice exams. I always get nervous when I take tests, and was wondering if 290 was really that hard? Also is it adaptive? I really hope I don't fail!

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    290 is not bad, it is like 270 on steriods. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's your MCP, 270? There's a lot of overlap between the two, and it's really not that bad. I actually did that one first, and I didn't have any problems.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i didnt think it was bad at all but that was down to experiance mainly.

but im sure if you've put the hard work in then it always pays off. besides i never feel ready for an exam!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I dont think its hard if you have been exposed to server administration for a couple of years maybe. I found it difficult because of my lack of exposure i feel. But as time gos on i will be a ninja at all MS .....I hope icon_lol.gif

Goodluck!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    My MCP is in 270 but I took it about a year ago. Since then I passed network+ security+ and the CCNA. I don't have any server experience, so I'm hoping that won't hinder me too much...I guess the only way to truly see is to just take the test. If I fail yeah it's money down the drain, but I guess I have to at least try, if not I'll be studying for the same test until next year
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 290 is actually a pretty nice test from Microsoft testing you on subjects that you should know as a good system administrator. Learn and understand it, not just study it. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • elvantelvant Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You didn't apply the Second Shot voucher? You then can take a 'second shot' if you don't get through the first time.

I believe many out there have never touch a server before (they use VM icon_lol.gif ) but can earn their MCSE. Dont you worry too much. You have passed CCNA, this one sure no problem for you if you prepare it like you did for your CCNA.
    What is done is done, what yet to be done will be done. While in the process of doing, enjoy it.