Options

Security+ passed...

techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
with a 847. Another one down on the road to MCSE. Just have 293/294 and the design 298 left. I would definitely have syn/asyn. encryption down as well as Keberos/IPSEC. Some of the questions seem like they were more appropriate to the Net+. It's been several years since I've last taken a Comptia exam and I'd say it was a nice break from MS type tests. Only a few poorly worded questions. I'd say its definitely an easier elective for the MCSA/MCSE path.
Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man, good work. I was looking at the Sec+ as a break from Cisco exams. How long did you prepare for the Sec+, what books did you use?
  • Options
    I used the Sybex book and transcender for the practice test, along with technotes and tests on the site. I spent about 2 weeks preparing, already having Net+ and some of the MS tests helped.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job!

Did you find a lot of cross over to the 70-291 test?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    techster79 wrote:
    I used the Sybex book and transcender for the practice test, along with technotes and tests on the site. I spent about 2 weeks preparing, already having Net+ and some of the MS tests helped.

Really, only 2 weeks? That's pretty tempting. I can cram like nobody's business, but I'd probably still need 3-4 weeks. That's not all that bad, though.
  • Options
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Good job!

Did you find a lot of cross over to the 70-291 test?

291 did help with Kerberos(KDC, TGT, TGS, etc) and IPSEC(SA, ISAKMP, etc). If you know what the acronyms mean and use them often you won't even sweat this test. I had to bone up on the MAC, DAC, and RBAC as well as some of the wireless security. The rest I was already familiar with it.