"CCENT Exam Prep"
by Jeremy Cioara, David Minutella, and Heather Stevenson

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, gd score.

how long have you been studying? and what is your experiance with cisco?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • giemmegiemme Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've studied about 300 hours.
    I started with some experience in NAT, Wireless and binary math ;)

Next goal: ICND2
  • gonzoflickgonzoflick Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet man I passed yesterday! When do you plan on taking ICND2? I registered for Feb 25th
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • superfloydsuperfloyd Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi i am new here, i have a question, I am studying for ccent, and how many simulators come in the exam?
    Thanks very much cheers
    Dave
    superfloyd wrote:
    how many simulators come in the exam?
    Anyone who knows can't tell you because of the NDA they agreed to when they took the exam.

And anyone who violated the NDA and the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy and posted that information would get their post MODERATED or Deleted.

If you want to EARN the CCNA, then you should be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge in any of the Configure, Perform, Verify, Troubleshoot, etc tasks in the 640-802 CCNA Exam Blueprint.... oops, that should be the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 exam page for the CCENT Certification.

From that page, the Exam Duration is 90 Minutes (50-60 questions). We usually suggest that you spend no more than 10 minutes working on a SIM (but it should take less time if you do enough hands on practice of the exam topics). And if you average a minute per question pace -- that should allow some extra time at the end, in case you get an ungraded question (that happens to be an "extra SIM") or get stuck on something. If you were good in Algebra in school, you should be able to do the math.... but we can't tell you, and it can change.

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement

The main guts of the Cisco NDA is "contents of the exam are confidential."
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

You can also read the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, big congrats on the pass. Best of luck to you on the path to ICND2, (and in turn, CCNA).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • superfloydsuperfloyd Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

I was not specific i wanted to know the structure of the exam and how much time do we have? but it seems to be all the answers on the cisco website,
    thanks for your help

regards
    Dave
    superfloyd wrote:
    cisco website
    When you're there, make sure you also check out the CCNA Prep Center for some stuff that could help you out.

The Certification Exam Tutorial should be mentioned somewhere in the Prep Center. That's the "demo" you get to watch before you start your exam at the test center, but it helps if you watch it from the comfort of your own home so that you know what to expect. Plus you can scribble down notes on your marker sheets during the "demo time" if you've watched it ahead of time. Same with the Cisco NDA -- you get to read it and agree to it before the exam. If you read it now, you can get to the "main event" that much sooner (or use the time to compose yourself and scribble more notes before the exam starts).