Options

buying equipment in th uk

7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me, i am looking to buy myself some lab equipment and wondered if any of you knew of any sites etc (except ebay) that supply good equipment at reasonable prices, i am in th uk :D

thanks in advance for any help

carl
W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi mate,

ive looked all over but all pre built labs are way over priced from what ive seen. i done it the ebay way and bought from reputable sellers and never had a problem.

ive found trying to get a reasonable price rack for them the hardest at a decent price!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nel wrote:
    ive found trying to get a reasonable price rack for them the hardest at a decent price!

thought these skeletek racks looked ok... on ebay for around 60/70 quid ?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    thanks for the advice, it looks like ebay all the way :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options

yea, thats the only decent ones ive seen, is that a good price for a rack?

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nel wrote:

yea, thats the only decent ones ive seen, is that a good price for a rack?

Those don't look too bad man. I wish I had seen those when I was trying to rack my equipment up.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    +1 for Skeletek. You can buy direct too: http://www.dantraknet.com/ I've ordered other packs of screws, shelves, etc., and they ship them FAST. My only regret is that I didn't get the biggest one. I picked one up the biggest one that was on eBay, but it wasn't it the biggest, and I just know the lack of those 4U are going to come back to haunt me icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    really appreciate all your help guys i will have a look at those now :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    really appreciate all your help guys i will have a look at those now icon_biggrin.gif

+1

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I tell you what annoys me more than anything guys. As part of my job I get to go to various customer sites around london. Several which more often that not have redundant cisco routers and switches, sitting in comms/server rooms doing absolutley sweet fa. They don't throw them out and they don't give them away, why???? Because they claim a potential crimanal could use the information stored on the router to plan an attack on said company. I have asked on more than one occasion and been told no each time.....doesnt make sense to me as the first thing id do is flush the damn thing anyway icon_cry.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.