Options

"You are the network administrator for your company....

elvantelvant Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, for those who hit those tons of practice questions. You might hearing this millions of times

"You are the network administrator for your company.........."
"You are the domain administrator for your company..........."
"You are the vending machine for your company.........."

and you might got hypnotized and say

"Yes, Master. I'm the network administrator for my company......"
"Yes, Master. I'm the domain administrator for mycompany..........."
"Yes, Master. I'm the vending machine for my company.........."

OMG, I'm only at the first paper for MCSE, will I be crazy after a few more?

icon_lol.gif Just kidding.

This is the joke I thought of while doing those practice questions.

I passed the 290 this morning with 814. Although is a pass, I have some questions that i'm not familiar. I thinking of getting another round for the book before going for 291 for a better foundation. Making sure I can kill the beast with a single cut in the throat. icon_lol.gif My plan for next move is 620. Hope it is a easier one. But, before that, I'm taking a week break for the Lunar New Year. See you guys.
What is done is done, what yet to be done will be done. While in the process of doing, enjoy it.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're opposed to brainwashing, you might want to do something other than MS ;)

Congrats on the pass and good luck with 291!
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "You are the vending machine for your company.........."

Vending machine? How do you land a gig like that? icon_rolleyes.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I usually just skip the first couple scentences, or the paragraph...cause they're all the same, and have no bearing on the question or task. If there were ever anything except XP/2k3, then I would read it.

Well...if i see something like NTFS or FAT in the header i'll read it, but thats about it.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ha, yeah. I got sick of reading that too.

Good job btw!
    -Daniel
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    "We are Microsoft, you will be assimilated. Open-source is futile. . ."

I think that's why they started giving people four hours to finish their exams, nowadays. Most people don't read fast enough to completely soak in the entirety of most questions. Still, I've always loved the fact that these fictional companies they set the scenarios in range from tiny little offices all the way up to something the size of the Redmond Campus. Sometimes it's, "You have a single domain controller and ten clients using XP Pro. . .", and sometimes it's "You have three dozen servers, ten of which are domain controllers, and 3,500 users. . . "

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Hehe, this thread is hilarious.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "you are the network administrator...
    you are ...
    you are.."
    I think it's a kind of NLP :D
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    elvant wrote:
    OMG, I'm only at the first paper for MCSE, will I be crazy after a few more?

I know that by the time I was done with my MCSE update I felt I had fixed enough problems and designed enough solutions for Contoso and Fabrikam that I should get some consulting fees. That or hire me outright - with all their documented problems, their in-house admins must really suck! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    noodle32noodle32 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Vending machine...LOL - now I'm probably gonna remember that and find it hard to keep a straight face when I'm taking the test next week. Though little humor might take away some of that stress though when answering the questions. icon_lol.gif