Options

passed network+ exam

morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the test on wed jan 30th 2008 1:00 PM I passed with a score of 599 with 554 being the lowest passing score,and there were only 85 questions,anyone else feels the bar was set real low to pass the network+ exam?

Don't get me wrong,i am happy i passed and i really studied hard for the test,i sacrificed xmas,new years and my bithday which was jan 17th for this test,i studied through all of those holidays and my birthday and it paid off!

funny thing how i came to take the network+ though,i got real lucky as the technical institute in which i attend night classes,does'nt require network+ to graduate,and if i wanted to take the network+ exam,i would have to pay for it out of my own pocket but then the dean of the school made a deal with my class,he'll pay for the network+ exam if we wanted to take it! i was like wow! what a deal of a life time,i doubled my efforts to study for the exam knowing i would get a certification scott free if i pass that ordinarily i would'nt have gotten being as the school does'nt require network+ for me to graduate.

I am 1 of 10 other students in my class and i was the only one that took the exam,as they kinda changed up the rules a bit and added a stipulation,only those who pass a serious of pratice exam from the teacher,then and only then will be allowed to take the exam,so i proved to the teach that i was ready to take the exam,he had no choice to put me through and order the voucher.

I used a N10-003 PDF and a Network+ Testout CD and The CD that comes with the book they order for the students to keep "Network guide to networks Fourth edition" Thomson course technology by Tamara Dean Updated for 2005 Network+ exam.

The books they provide i would have to say are very detailed and resouceful,the school is setting me back 23.000 Dollars for a 18 month course,so the books had better be top notch icon_wink.gif

I am now security+ and Network+ certified,this semester i am working on my mcp 70-270 exam.

Please share your thoughts as i did mine icon_wink.gif
Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away

Comments

• Options
    TrigunTrigun Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I say nice one brutha... well done!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Congratulations! be proud.

Do I think they set the bar too low? No, of course not. The network Plus was not easy. While studying for the test we had to learn some great information, information that will help you in the future.

My only complaint, as Ive stated in an earlier post, is that they include a bit too much, imo, of the older technology. Other that that I thought the test was pretty difficult. It was in no way a cake walk for me. Im proud of my cert.

Network Plus is by no means and End, it is a beginning, next stop CCNA.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    First, congratulations- you passed, and that's all you have to tell your boss! :)

Second, I don't think the bar was set too low. I actually found the Net+ exam harder than the 70-270. There was a lot more information to memorize for the Net+ from a much broader range of topics. If I had aced it (which some have) maybe I would say otherwise, but I only got ~650 (can't remember exactly), so I think it was a good mix of material and difficulty.
    Fear is the absence of Faith.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I think they have to set the bar that low because some of the questions are so rediculous.

Grats!
  • Options
    morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks fellas a lot for the congrats,i feel more confident each time i pass an exam,so going into mcp,i think it'll be way easier then network+ so i won't be as stressed about it,i will still study as hard as i did with my security+ and network+.

This forum is great to meet with like minded IT professionals like myself,nice to get advice and tips from seasoned veterans and begginers aswell.
    Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away