Are there any programs that record computer specs?

ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
I'm trying to get an inventory on all of our computers and their specs. Are there any programs that (preferably freeware) that can automatically tally hardware and/or software results of that specific computer, besides CPU-Z?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can get a lot of information from start > run > msinfo32, and it's built-in and free. Are you looking for a commercial product?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Msinfo32 can connect to remote computers and generate a report for them. Start>Run>msinfo32.exe, then View>Remote Computer.

You can connect to a remote computer from within the tool or create the report by running this at the command prompt:

%windir%\system32\dllcache\msinfo32.exe /computer COMPUTERNAME /nfo C:\CompReports\COMPUTERNAME.nfo

You could create a list of computers in a text file and use the "for" command to connect to each one in turn and generate a report for each one.

I used to know a couple of programs that did inventory, but they were only free trials that timed out after 30 days and only let you do 10 computers or something.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
    Thanks for the info everyone!
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    PM'ed you a .vbs. Might want to check that out too.
    :)
    Focused and Steady.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I use a program called Lansweeper.

http://www.lansweeper.com/default.aspx

I personally like it better than Spiceworks for inventory.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What if you have a heterogeneous network (RedHat, Solaris, HP-UX, and Windows 2k3)?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    Good point... I run an all Windows environment at my office....

I have not tried teh following but here is a link
    http://www.open-audit.org/standalone.php
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SISoft Sandra is an amazing program that will give you every spec of the PC you can even possibly imagine. Seriously, check it out.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    SISoft Sandra is an amazing program that will give you every spec of the PC you can even possibly imagine. Seriously, check it out.

Forgot about that one.... I haven't used it in a while... Belarc and Aida32 were other programs I used to use as well.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Belarc has been the software of choice for many in the past
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1 for belarc
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    +1 for spiceworks, its free too
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□