Options

Non-profit organization needs technical Help!!!!

SusanoffederalhillSusanoffederalhill Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D We have a non-profit organization that takes in old computers and "recycles" them to people who can not afford one. I have a problem with one that has Windows 95 O/S. I deleted an inapropriate program from the computer but the name is still appearing in the start - program list. When I right click the name delete is not one of the options.
Does anyone have any idea how to get this entry removed.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Right-click the Start button and click Open. This will open the Start Menu folder as any regular folder, and should allow you to deleted programs groups and items.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    ..or you could drag it right off the startmenu and drop it right into the recycling bin.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    SusanoffederalhillSusanoffederalhill Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually found a round about way to do it.
    I went to start - find - then typed in the name of the program
    When the search found the file assocaited with that short cut I was able to delete it from there.
    Thanks for the help.

If anyone lives in the Baltimore, Maryland area and would like to help us with this program let me know.
    :D
  • Options
    Kevin57Kevin57 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I find my 95 utility disks I'll be glad to E-mail you the files. I have to apologize, but I think it was by PC Medic. There are others out there and some of us do have 95 OS not in use as a last resort.