Options

EXAM 220-301 : PASS

voldarvoldar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, and nice to meet you. It's my first time I join this site, and I find it interesting and with lot of potential. I just passed my A+ Core exam in the morning - 591 - not that bright, but it's a pass. Tomorrow I'll have my OS exam, hope everything is gonna be fine.

My advice, study it's a good thing, but hands-on lab is better. Do it yourself - this is how you learn - most of the time you learn from your mistakes :D.
And be aware also, start learning some TCP/IPs notions as well: classes, subnetting.

Good luck to all of you!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi Voldar and welcome aboard ;)
    My advice, study it's a good thing, but hands-on lab is beter. Do it yourself - this is how you learn - most of the time you learn from your mistakes
    Excellent advice!

Congrats with the pass and good luck with OS tomorrow!

What is your study material for A+?
  • Options
    For the Core exam I used the David Groth book: "A+ complete - third edition - exams 220-301 & 220-302". It's a good book, but also I checked on the net for some topics (especially SCSI and DVDs).
    For the OS exam, I used the same book, but being MCSA W2K, I relay also on lot of experience with W2K, XP (4 years). Hope this is gonna help me icon_lol.gif

And thank you .. and you really do a great job here!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks! :D

I'm sure the experience will help. It is pretty much essential for the OS portion of A+.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with the OS test tomorrow
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, voldar! Best of luck on the OS.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats on the pass!

Best Luck on the OS!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    CopperFrogCopperFrog Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrates on the pass good luck tomorrow! icon_lol.gif
    Friends will help you move, best friends will help you move a body
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats on the core and let us know how you do on the OS
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    Okay ... as requested ;) ... I come back with news :D. I passed the OS exam !! ... so ... I am A+ certify also. Thank you all!

And you may wonder why having MCP and MCSA, I choose to have A+. The best answer is, why not to take it if I can? Sometimes A+ makes the difference for a job opportunity. It's true, I had a job offer and loose it, not because of my knowledge, but because of my papers - go figure! :)

I work in the IT field since 5 years, never thought that a paper mean anything, but .... I had the occasion to see I was wrong.

This is why - now - I go for MCSE in the next few month. I have the knowledge already, just to remember everything. Hope that till june I will have it! BTW - MCP = 210,215,216,218 .. thinking on 217 in the next two weeks, maximum a month.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats on the os and now being A+ certified
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356