Options

Passed A+ Hardware this morning.

mrburnmrburn Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yay, I passed the A+ core this morning with 1097. Phew! After 2 months of studying, I finally did it. But it's not over yet. There's still one more to go...the OS. Among the resources that I used are Myers All In One/Passport and the internet. I always come to this site too to see people's post, so I wanna say thanks to ya' all too. :D

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congratulations on your pass. best of luck with the operating systems exam ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    mah9470mah9470 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im taking the a+ core this afternoon . Any suggestions on what to expect?
  • Options
    mrburnmrburn Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you. I'm a bit scared of the OS exam though because OS has always been my weakness side. About what to expect, mmm...I'd say just beware of trick questions. Know your mobos well. Make sure you can differentiate between AT,Baby AT,ATX. Know your CPUs, their packaging and slots and also their enhancements compared to the older CPUs. When it comes to troubleshooting, try to do the simplest thing(s) first(but this is not always true..well you know that already). Other than that, it's basically just your basic things. One thing that I found out, the questions in Myer's books are a lil' harder than the real exam questions. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    let us know how you got on mah9470.

if you see this before you take your exam: best of luck ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    mrburn nicely done with that score. Best to you on the OS portion of the exam. :D
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    snetrichsnetrich Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am going Tuesday morning.... we will see. Just found this site about 3 days ago. Looks pretty good...
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck to you too snetrich! and let us know how it went.
  • Options
    snetrichsnetrich Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very good 1005... 20 questions and out. Took about 7 mins... OS next week. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Wow, another great score. Congrats :D
  • Options
    KathyKathy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to both of you :)