Travel with laptop, 110 volt to 220

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
It may be a silly question, but I just don't want to toast my laptop :)

I'm out of the country with my laptop that I brough from Canada. On the laptop power adapter it says "Input 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 1.5A".

Do I still need a voltage convert given the power adapter can take input of 100-240V?

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    binarysoul wrote:
    It may be a silly question, but I just don't want to toast my laptop :)

I'm out of the country with my laptop that I brough from Canada. On the laptop power adapter it says "Input 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 1.5A".

Do I still need a voltage convert given the power adapter can take input of 100-240V?

Not to be nosey, but what country are you in?

Canada and US should have the same power standards.
    Europe is not the same.

Have you contacted the Laptop MFG for their recommendation?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your PSU will be fine. If it says 100-240 you're ok. I used mine (same power rating) in Germany, Ireland, Iraq, and Kuwait, which all had 240V outlets.
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Should be fine.

Power outlets in the Philippines are all 220v and when I bring my autovolt equipment there (100-240v), everything works fine.
    Focused and Steady.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As said earlier the voltage is fine but you will need a Plug adapter, you can usually pick up (fairly) universal plug kits at the airport.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?