Options

70-296 passed!

Passed!

Comments

• Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Good Luck MD!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Good Luck, you'll kill it i'm sure !
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    cacharo wrote:
    Good Luck MD!
    Thanks!

Eerie... I understand why you call me MD, but I'm used to hearing it in the MMORPG that I run. Well, no time for games right now, I've got studying to get done!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no rest for the wicked, eh? icon_lol.gif

good luck man!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Well, I came close. I had a 624.
    I hate to admit this, but I actually did not study for this exam. I've been so busy at home in the past couple weeks, so I figured I would use my second shot and at least get an idea of what to expect on the exam. I'm pretty confident, after having taken the exam that I can easily pass this one after some studying and a couple labs. I think I can beat the March 31st deadline.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I came close. I had a 624.
    I hate to admit this, but I actually did not study for this exam. I've been so busy at home in the past couple weeks, so I figured I would use my second shot and at least get an idea of what to expect on the exam. I'm pretty confident, after having taken the exam that I can easily pass this one after some studying and a couple labs. I think I can beat the March 31st deadline.

Never hurts to get a feel for the exam and take advantage of second shot. Is 700 the passing score for this test too?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Yeah, 700 is passing on this exam. So I was close.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I didn't know the second shot was still around....I'm also trying to cram this in before the deadline...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Yep, they extended the 2nd shot!
  • Options
    Woohoo! I passed!

I am done with MS exams for a while now... I'm still debating on what to move onto next.
  • Options
    Woohoo! I passed!

I am done with MS exams for a while now... I'm still debating on what to move onto next.

CONGRATS!!!

how about a beer or two first? icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    snadam wrote:
    Woohoo! I passed!

CONGRATS!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with beer, but I think I will dip into my bottle of Good Ol' Number 7 tonight.... It's been sitting there for months untouched.... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    snadam wrote:
    Woohoo! I passed!

CONGRATS!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with beer, but I think I will dip into my bottle of Good Ol' Number 7 tonight.... It's been sitting there for months untouched.... icon_sad.gif

absolutely nothing wrong with that!

say hi to Jack for me!

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wait... You guys wait until after you're done studying to drink? No wonder this has been taking me so long... icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Wait... You guys wait until after you're done studying to drink? No wonder this has been taking me so long... icon_redface.gif

I know, I know. I get the order mixed up too icon_lol.gif

• Options
    Joe DonnerJoe Donner Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done!

What's your esteemed opinion on the difference between 292 and 296? I'm going to take 296 within the next 2 weeks or so, so would appreciate your insights.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Woohoo! I passed!

Congratulations.

How was the exam, a little easier than 70-292?
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Joe Donner wrote:
    Well done!

What's your esteemed opinion on the difference between 292 and 296? I'm going to take 296 within the next 2 weeks or so, so would appreciate your insights.

Thanks.

Hows your study coming along? Are you using the MS Press Upgrade book?
  • Options
    Dbutch1976Dbutch1976 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

The 292 vs 296....

296 is easier, no question about it. The first attempt I had on the 296 was done with 0 study for it.... I had the second shot and wanted to see what I was up against given the time constraints to get this one done.

I came fairly close. The 296 has a lot of overlap.... So, that helps with it. The thing about this exam that makes it so easy though IMO is that on most questions there were very obvious throw away answers. This allowed you to narrow it down very easily. I think that if they cut way down on the throw away answers that this exam could in fact be a beast.

After my first attempt, I decided to read the section in the MS Press book that were 296 specific. This helped me out with the areas that I was weak on, but I still found the sections regarding CAs and IPSEC to be lacking a bit.... And considering these are my weaker points and the test does question you heavily on them, I decided to read up a bit on Microsofts technet site.

I also did as many practice questions on the CD that came with the MS press book as I could stand. They have a ton of practice question, but I do find it difficult to sit through more than 50 questions in one sitting...