Options

Any jobs outsource safe?

charliepaulcharliepaul Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there any jobs that are completely safe from being outsourced in the I.T. field?

Comments

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Are there any jobs that are completely safe from being outsourced in the I.T. field?
    of course, until they invent a way to get my big mac from india to my local micky d's in 5 minutes or less.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Operations. The downside is, you can never work remotely icon_sad.gif.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Onsite repair, disaster recovery, field installation, networking...anything that touches anything physical I would say is safe. Any task that can be done 100% remotely or done through a flow chart has a chance of being sent overseas.

I think you're asking the wrong question though. Rather than which jobs, the question is, which companies are willing to outsource their IT jobs. You know govt/mil are safe. Small/med upstart companies are safe. Medical industry is safe.

The dangerous ones are the fortune 500 companies that have the capitol to implement overseas support to let it pay off for them in the long run, in the board room. Development is iffy. HW/SW support is probably the mainstay of outsourced IT.
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298

You're a moron.
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    Madrox20Madrox20 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're a moron.

You're an idiot.

Now do you see how name calling doesn't help. It makes you look like a child.icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hehe this conversation is getting interesting with every post...
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    of course, until they invent a way to get my big mac from india to my local micky d's in 5 minutes or less.

They can't even do that now when you are in the local mick d's drive thru. icon_lol.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346

It's technically not a job, but if you own your own business you could promise not to outsource yourself.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Schluep wrote:

It's technically not a job, but if you own your own business you could promise not to outsource yourself.

Haha. Would that be in your business outline?
  • Options
    Cal100Cal100 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cacharo wrote:
    Operations. The downside is, you can never work remotely icon_sad.gif.

Interesting that you say this. I just began working in Operations and remote access was one of the issues discussed. As you have mentioned, due to regulation and security issues, this is prohibited. On top of that, we're currently undergoing additional "hardening" of our network due to regulatory mandates. Exactly what type of "Operations" are you referring to? Plant environment, Energy company, etc?

Thanks.