Options

CISCO 1750 / T1 Question

flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
Okay, I have a question,

We ordered a AT&T T1 with a Cisco 1750 router for a remote site. Unfortunately, this was ordered years ago, so we do not manage the cisco.

The site messed up all the wiring, which i had them fix it yesterday.

Everything is plugged in properly, and AT&T can get into the router via out of band access and sees the fastethernet down. But when I ping the router from the outside I am getting "destination net unreachable".

I changed out the ethernet cable and it came up, but it is intermittent..Which I am still working with them.

My question -

If the Fast Ethernet is having an issue, then why would I have a problem pinging the WAN interface of the router?

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So when you sit on the local LAN side of the router, you cannot get out to the web.

AT&T special services says router is good, and they can see the T1 functional.

Go off the local LAN, and somewhere else and you cannot ping the WAN interface of the router.

Do I have that right?
  • Options
    flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    No - i was on a outside network, pinging the Public IP from an outside network.

But i know why it is happening.

Because i am pinging from the outside, AT&T's edge router if able to see that the directly connected network (ie: FastE port of the router) is down. So their edge router is replying back to me advising that the destination network is unreachable.