Options

Measure Up Questions in MCSE self paced training Kit

Cisco79Cisco79 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys, I am just curious with those of you who have the MCSE self paced training kit and have the CD with over 200 Measure Up Practise Questions. I am currently preparing for the 70-290 Managing and Maintaining Windows 2003 Server Environment, and was wondering how these practise questions from Measure Up compare to the actual Certification Exam Questions. I just recently completed my CCNA designation, and I must say these Microsoft Test Questions are lengthy story line Paragraphs! Going through the Measure up Questions, each question is like 10 lines long! anyhow how comparable are these questions with the actual Cert test questions?

Comments

• Options
    bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The actual exam questions? that's exactly what they are... lengthy... well most of them but not all. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's an example I have used before about MS test questions. See if you can figure it out:

You are a network administrator of a Windows 2003 domain. You have 25 servers all running W2K3 and 500 clients running XP Pro with the latest patches. You enjoy fishing on your days off and your favorite ice cream is vanilla. A user, Bob, cannot log on to the network. Bob also enjoys fishing, but his favorite ice cream is chocolate. You check Bob's account and see that it is locked out. Question: How can you grant your assistant, Mary, the ability to check the Web Server logs with the least amount of administrative effort?

1. 525
    2. Strawberry
    3. Unlock Bob's account.
    4. Place the Web Server in an OU called "Web Servers".

icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Hehe thats quite close to how they're actually worded. icon_lol.gif Sometimes there is way too much redundant information.

Btw, I feel that transcender practice exams were closer in length to the actual exam than the few questions I took from the set that accompnied the training kit.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Here's an example I have used before about MS test questions. See if you can figure it out:

You are a network administrator of a Windows 2003 domain. You have 25 servers all running W2K3 and 500 clients running XP Pro with the latest patches. You enjoy fishing on your days off and your favorite ice cream is vanilla. A user, Bob, cannot log on to the network. Bob also enjoys fishing, but his favorite ice cream is chocolate. You check Bob's account and see that it is locked out. Question: How can you grant your assistant, Mary, the ability to check the Web Server logs with the least amount of administrative effort?

1. 525
    2. Strawberry
    3. Unlock Bob's account.
    4. Place the Web Server in an OU called "Web Servers".

icon_lol.gif

Yes, thats a short, nice one, but there are lengthy one as well .. :D:D
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+