Options

Passed with 871

Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
Took the exam today, 10 AM CET, and passed after about 2 hours, with a score of 871. Which is the best score I've ever gotten on a Microsoft exam. :D

I used the following study method:

Read through the training kit two times, doing all the excercises.
Read through it a third time, wrting an exam cram, and did all the excercises again.
Used the exam cram to do all sorts of practice labs.
Took several Transcender test exams.

Onwards to 291, time to slay the beast! icon_cool.gif

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on questions I was wondering about. :)
Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I'll sit for this exam next week. Were there any simulations?
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Thanks guys. :)
    Krank wrote:
    Congratulations, I'll sit for this exam next week. Were there any simulations?

There were plenty of simulations, I think there were at least 7 simulations. What surprsied me though, was that there was only one question about system state, and I can not recall any questions on ASR. I guess it all depends on which exam they draw for you from the pool.

I had plenty of questions on System monitoring, which is one of my weaknesses, so I was quite surprised that I scored as well as I did in that department. And I actually scored low in managing access to resources, which was kind of a surprise, as I consider that one of my strengths, but I guess I just got lost in the wording of the questions.

A few remarks on the testing experience at the testing centre:

The testing room was quite small, and I felt the different people taking the exams, sat a bit too close to each other. Plus the mouse on the PC wasn't exaclty in great form, there were ocassions where I felt that I lost control over the mouse, but I think that was due to the mouse pad. A bit annoying, but did not matter much.

And oh yeah, I got a parking ticket, as I had to pay for parking with coins, and since I'm used to pay with credit card, I did not have any coins with me.

All in all a great morning though. :D
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)