I also failed for 640-801

appiehappieappiehappie Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I also failed for my 640-801 exam.
I had a score of 753, and that is not enough. icon_evil.gif
icon_eek.gif I was really shocked when I had my first question.
It was a pratical lab about OSPF, OSPF was not working and I should make it work.
It took me 30 minutes to solve this question.
I was supprised because I was confinced that only RIP and IGRP where the routing protocols that where deeper questioned about.
But that is not true, so take my advise and study everything about routing protocols up to every cli command.

I am going to take the exam agian in three weeks, so there is time to study and make some more labs.

Tips:
- know your subnetting and calculations for broadcast and network addresses and numbers of hosts this will win time.
- know your access-lists
- Know the definitions about NAT
- Know the switches and the VLAN's
- OSI ( you must dream it)

crash.gif Who knows where I can find good labs for the Cisco academy router simulator?

Comments

• qamarqamar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am very sorry but still you have done excellent.Carry on.I also did the same mistake as u and then time was icon_sad.gif .
    wish you best of luck next time
  • mbeavenmbeaven Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I feel your pain. I was overly prepared for distance vector as my study guides said link state would likely not be part of the exam. That was way off. Several OSPF questions and a few EIGRP. I also plan on retaking it by the end of the month. Those simulations definately take a bit of time. Hopefully we'll both pass with much better scores next time around. icon_study.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That's why it is so important to use books specifically for the new CCNA exam (640-801).
    The revised CCNA 640-801 exam is designed to better assess the networking skills of entry-level candidates. The CCNA curriculum includes understanding the functions and operations of local area networks (LAN), Cisco IOS fundamentals, wide area networks (WAN), virtual private networks (VPN), and Storage Area.

The CCNA 640-801 exam tests more in-depth knowledge of the ICND 2.x course. The exam covers topics such as:

1. Switching configuration
    2. OSPF and EIGRP routing protocols (Open Shortest Path First and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol)
    3. VLSM (Variable Length Subnet Masking)

Please note that candidates who have completed the recommended training to prepare for the CCNA 640-607 exam should be able to successfully complete the new CCNA 640-801 exam as well.
    The last sentence in the above quote is obvisouly misleading...

Good luck on your next try!
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Good luck next time
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • floppyadminfloppyadmin Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif
    now Im afraid of taking that exams ,coz many failed
    and the cisco version's are always updating i have taken sem 1 to 3 version 2.14 and sem 4 ver 3.....

and i will take an exam in version 3 ...ohhh how will i make my self pass with that exam... icon_cry.gif
    :)