Passed the 70-291 today with a 700 right on the button!

wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
I don’t post much here, but I read the forums pretty much religiously everyday. I have found numerous posts here very helpful with study preparation. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the individuals who contribute and provide feedback on these forums. It's all of you that make this website the great website that it is.

I am so happy to defeat “The Beast” on the first try. Even though it was just barely :D but a pass is pass. Take care everyone and thanks again!

Comments

• eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Good Job and congrats!! I will take mine next month. How long did you study for? What study materials did you use?

Congrats again!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I studied for a little bit over a month. I used Microsoft Press,"Mastering Windows Server 2003" by Mark Minasi as a second book reference, Transcender, and primarily practice material from **** . I checked here to make sure that they where not brain **** and after seeing good posts I was confident with my purchase. Hoped that help.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!! Im tackling the beast material as we speak!

I see that you are one 270 exam away from MCSA. 270 should be a breeze compared to this!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Thanks. Good luck with the beast. I had a lot of WSUS questions on this exam, make sure you brush up on material covering it if that helps.

I'm hoping to wrap up the 70-270 in 2-3 weeks. Then it's MCSA status!!!
  • tony1069tony1069 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well Wiseguy I guess you and I are the official "700 club" now, LOL... Congrats on the pass!
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Congrats on the pass!!! I just passed the beast at the first of the year. I know how great you feel to not have to bother with that exam again.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I miss animaniacs.

Good job!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    wiseguy wrote:
    I studied for a little bit over a month. I used Microsoft Press,"Mastering Windows Server 2003" by Mark Minasi as a second book reference, Transcender, and primarily practice material from **** .
    May I ask if you thought the Trancenders were helpful. Ive got them and CBT nuggets. Nuggets were great for concepts and picking up interface things quickly, but Trancenders are kicking my @$$ right now. Did you feel they were worth it?
    I love Transenders, I found them very useful for the 70-290 exam. However for the 70-291 I found the practice exam questions from **** more useful. I felt like I was making a tremendous amount of progress for the 291 by using examsimulators product as my primary practice test engine.

I used the Transenders sparingly as a secondary testing engine because I also found them really difficult as well. I decided to use Transenders as a second practice test method because I felt that questions asked in a different helped reinforce my thinking on the solution to questions and made some resolutions make more sense. I hope this helps answer your question brad-