Passed with 881!!!

moofnelsonmoofnelson Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D

Whew! I passed the CCNA today on my first try.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone on this site for all the tips. I've been reading this forum for about a year and half about the CCNA. I just decided a few weeks back to take a serious attempt at the test. I've been doing a lot of reading lately.

I had access to Lammle's 802 book online through my work, and some practice test books. Also, I purchased the Cisco Press books a few years back. They had been sitting under my bed collecting dust! I used the simulator and practice test software that came with the Cisco Press books. I have never touched a piece of Cisco equipment, unfortunately.

About the test: I was suprised. It was easier than the practice tests that came with the Cisco Press books. I had a hard time scoring over 75% on any of the practice tests. Needless to say, I was a little discouraged before I sat for the test today.

I also had about 30 minutes left when the test was over.

marko

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wouldn't recommend your method to anyone (no hands on, scoring 75% on practice exams), but hey...

Congrats!!!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • moofnelsonmoofnelson Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote:

I wouldn't recommend your method to anyone (no hands on, scoring 75% on practice exams), but hey...

...I wouldn't either. But, I made my reservation a week ago, and I was determined to stick to it.
    Also, I wasn't paying for the test, my union did, so I felt I had nothing to lose. I did feel that I knew the material pretty well. And the Boson simulator is pretty good. Also, I had subnetting down cold, where I can look at an address and quickly determine the network in my head. This is important for the test.

marko
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    moofnelson wrote:
    I used the simulator and practice test software that came with the Cisco Press books. I have never touched a piece of Cisco equipment, unfortunately.

About the test: I was suprised. It was easier than the practice tests that came with the Cisco Press books. I had a hard time scoring over 75% on any of the practice tests. Needless to say, I was a little discouraged before I sat for the test today.
    So you passed without setting up a lab or anything? If so, thats great news to me. CCNA is something I want to do later this year, but was afraid I wouldnt have the resources.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Good job!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done mate!!!

I know how much of a relief it is to pass on your first go.... especially knowing you have studied so hard :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • pryde7pryde7 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy!!! Don't just lie down since you need to engage in some hands-on-experience. Do all you can to start working with cisco stuff.
  • ctdawsonctdawson Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I 'm finishing up the cisco academy and sitting for the 640-801 on thursday. I've done well on all the academy finals and such and feel like I know the stuff pretty good but have been discouraged by all the practice exams i've seen and not been doing well on them. Seeing that you were thinking the same thing makes me feel a bit better. I also didn't do a lot of hands on b/c the equipment the school gave us isn't great so I used a lot of packet tracer and hope thats enough. Ill keep ya updated.