Freshly minted MCSE 2003!

Dbutch1976Dbutch1976 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Nailed 70-296 with an 800 just a couple of hours ago. Getting up this morning I had no intention of taking the test, but through the course of the day I was studying and I just thought to myself why not? Worst case scenerio I fail it and need to write it again, the 2nd time for free.

Mercifully this exam doesn't go into the same depth and the width of the topics arent' quite as gigantic. Not to mention I found that many of the questions rang bells from way back when I was doing my MCSE 2000. During 70-292 I felt totally out of my league, I still have no idea how I managed to pass that exam on only my 2nd attempt.

This time I managed to pretty much knock it out of the park, none of the questions were that problematic although this exam is by no means a walk in the park.

Well guys, thanks for all the help and advice and thanks to Megadeath for giving me some pointers on what I could expect, it definately infuenced my decision to go and write today.

Cheers all and good luck!!!!

Dbutch1976
MCSE 2003, MCSE 2000, MCDBA, A+

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well Done :D
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job. I bet your day turned around when you got the score report!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on both the pass and the new status as MCSE on Windows Server 2003. Do you have plans on going on to the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, or are you going to take a break from the upgrade exams for a while?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Dbutch1976Dbutch1976 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Very cool, congratulations on both the pass and the new status as MCSE on Windows Server 2003. Do you have plans on going on to the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, or are you going to take a break from the upgrade exams for a while?

I sure do plan to continue onto MCITP 2008. I've heard from someone that the exams are quite easy at the moment and are probably going to get much harder as time goes on. After putting in all this effort studying for 2003 I think there should be at least some knowledge that carries over into 2008. Might as well continue while the knowledge is still fresh in my mind rather than having to get back up to speed and write the exam 8 months down the road.