Passed 70-290 this morning with an 814

TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I passed 290 this morning with a score o 814. I was very suprised to see all of the sims on it, they sort of freaked me out at first! Nonetheless I have 270 and 291 to go for my MCSA...going for 291 next!
PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
My Site - My Forum

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with 291 ;)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass. Looks like you're taking the same route that I took, in terms of the order of the tests. Good luck on 70-291.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    Congrats man!!! you did better than me! I failed yesterday lol.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job!

What book did you use? Any (legal to share) recommendations? I am preparing for this one myself.

As far as labs, I've run about half of the labs in the Sybex books and should be able to run the other half this weekend.
    -Daniel
  • RichAsskikrRichAsskikr Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!

Out of interest, how many questions are there on the 70-290 exam? I've only done client exams so far. Is it the usual 56 or so?? :D
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    I had 45 questions.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have 45...several sims. I used the Microsoft Press book for most of my studying. Also some stuff from my manager when he went to a class for MCSA. Everything legal, I'm not into the quick certification stuff...I HAVE to know it! This is all critical for my job and for promotion. I find it pretty easy to study, but that's because I'm EXTREMELY interested in this stuff, and use it everyday. I figure 291 next (get rid of the monster) then 270 and I'll be MCSA...then I have set a goal by July of 2009 to finish up MCSE also.
    PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
    My Site - My Forum