Digital IP Surveillance Solutions

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
We are in need of a solution. Not very large scale, so probably between 5 to 10 cameras. Nothing gigantic, but professional enough for a croporate office. I don't want an analog solution with digital codecs/gateway. I'm looking for pure digital and not cisco.

What do you guys recommend?
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!

Comments

• phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been involved in a few of these. I have on my desk two jobs right now.

We've used the Axis IP cameras (fixed) and have really liked the quality of them. The Onssi software has been very good but you must read the manual as it is a full-blown surveillance software program.

I have been told that for fixed cameras, Axis makes some of the best, and for PTZ cameras to go with Pelco. There are a variety of housings that one can find all over the web for the cameras of you choice.

We monitor the shop and truck yard with analog cameras and Zoneminder software (linux).
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool....Ya we have analog cameras now, and we wanted to go pure IP and not worry about a analog to digital gateway. BUt after meeting about it with cisco, I think there is a good posibility that we may leave our analog cameras in place and use IP cameras for future expansion. I think just about every quality system offers a hybrid solution for older deployment integration. It didn;t make a lot of sense of take down cameras and an exsisting coax cable plant.

Anyways thanks for the tips. I'll look into those cameras. I think as of right now, I am looking for the software, and platform with a scsi storage array and gateway.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Take a look at APCs Netbotz - http://www.netbotz.com/

We're just starting to deploy this system and so far its pretty darn slick. You can go as basic as IP video surveillance or even add on modules such as humidity, temperature, air flow, etc, etc. - but thats more for datacenter monitoring rather than surveillance.
  • i-ntegratei-ntegrate Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you need help in layout and quotes let me know.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Remote Eyes, Best turn key solution around. Plug the box in, plug the cameras in and your done. We sell these all the time. 8 camera install goes for around 8k + the $300 per camera drop fee for the cabling.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bmauro wrote:
    Take a look at APCs Netbotz - http://www.netbotz.com/

We're just starting to deploy this system and so far its pretty darn slick. You can go as basic as IP video surveillance or even add on modules such as humidity, temperature, air flow, etc, etc. - but thats more for datacenter monitoring rather than surveillance.

Actually a majority of our cameras are in the data center. We plan to deploy 2 cameras in the office area. Thats may be something to look into. I'll check it out.