Options

Question on MCSA 2003...

tibultibul Member Posts: 240
Well this has probably been asked before but i was wondering if the 2000 client exam will still count towards MCSA 2003? or will i need to upgrade this to xp/vista? as i know the 2000 client exam will be retired at the end of March.
Studying 70-292.
Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good question....

My buddy is going for his 2003 MCSA/MCSE.

As of now his 70-210 does count as his client exam. He still has to take the 70-291. I wonder, if he does not complete his MCSA before the March 31st deadline if his 70-210 will no longer count as a client exam towards his MCSA.....
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Good question....

My buddy is going for his 2003 MCSA/MCSE.

As of now his 70-210 does count as his client exam. He still has to take the 70-291. I wonder, if he does not complete his MCSA before the March 31st deadline if his 70-210 will no longer count as a client exam towards his MCSA.....

Well i checked my certification planner on the MCP site and currently it stills says that i can use 70-210 as my client, but there is no mention if it will still count after March the 31st.

As if i need to upgrade to windows xp/vista i would rather get that out of the way first before moving onto doing the server exams.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    kingmonkey81kingmonkey81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job i read this thread as i didnt know the 2000 certs were expiring this year. I have e-mailed Microsoft the following, and will post their reply.

Hi,

I am led to believe that from the 31st March, Windows 2000 certifications will expire.

This poses two questions –

If I complete my MCSA certification before 31st March, will my MCSA still count after this date?

If I don’t complete the MCSA before the 31st March, will I need to take an XP or vista exam for the MCSA to count?

I would appreciate a quick response as I need to schedule the exams.

Thanks in Advance.
  • Options
    kingmonkey81kingmonkey81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got a reply today, it seems that the 2000 certs will still count towards 2003 MCSA/MCSE, its just that the exams will no longer be available to sit.
  • Options
    penberthpenberth Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got a reply today, it seems that the 2000 certs will still count towards 2003 MCSA/MCSE, its just that the exams will no longer be available to sit.

That's great news. I finally got motivated enough to start studying for the 70-290 exam. I am almost done with that. I am hoping to take the exam in about 2-3 weeks. Then I saw that 70-210 was expiring at the end of March. I was thinking that I would have to take the XP exam.

So far, I have 70-210, A+, and Network +.
    So I only have to take 290 and 291 to get MCSA.

I got really discouraged when I saw the 210 was retiring as I thought I would be one more exam down. So this post really made my day.

Bryan