Options

Processor sockets

jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
I've recently finished reading the Sybex study guide and now I'm going through the exam objectives and making sure that I make flash cards for the ones that I don't know. I'm going through processor sockets and wanted to know what should I focus on. Do I need to know all of them or just the popular ones? Or should I focus more on the design of them, PGA etc? I know you can't tell me exactly what was on your particular test but I was wondering where my focus should be.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    As Michael Scott says on The Office, Wikipedia is edited by millions of people worldwide so you know the information is correct. Thanks a lot, this will help a ton!
  • Options
    chrisdugganchrisduggan Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did not have any questions relating to CPU or RAM hardly any hardware in either exam, thats not to say you won't. I appreciate its all multiple choice and completely random. In my experience they are more interested in network and security. Best of luck
  • Options
    rinkguyrinkguy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    not one question on sockets for me, and only 2 questions on ram. maybe 2 or theree on printers. nothing on scsi except a BOOTDD.SYS question. In my opinion the 2006 exams are much easier than the older exams (never actually took the old ones but did take a couse a few years back and the stuff you had to know was a lot more tedious). focus on security, laptops, wireless, environmental, and customer service. Many questions are common sense questions.
  • Options
    KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Totally agree with the other peeps studying sockets is prob a waste of time but you wont be hurting yourself either by learning the history.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    cellmtcellmt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took both exams and there was not a single question on processor socket, IRQ or I/O memory address.
  • Options
    sweet cellmt, I thought so but I just wanted to make sure. I kind of figured the I/O and mem addresses weren't on the objectives and I though sockets were a little too involved to get anywhere specific.