mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
To TechNet subscribers.... icon_evil.gif

Windos6.0-KB936330-X86.exe
Build 6001.18000.080118-1840
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It'll be available to everyone in March. That's really not that long to wait.

Windows XP SP3 RC2 is also available.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FYI, more info on SP1 can be found here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089.aspx
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:

page not found... icon_sad.gif

I also saw this,

"SP1 will break these programs"
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I updated the link -- not sure why it wasn't working.

As for the link that details apps that won't work, mostly all of those have newer supported versions that WILL work with SP1. Read the "more information" section.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I updated the link -- not sure why it wasn't working.

As for the link that details apps that won't work, mostly all of those have newer supported versions that WILL work with SP1. Read the "more information" section.

thanks for the fix, beaver. As for the article I posted, it did have that whiny tone about how 'vista is ruining everyones lives' IMO... icon_rolleyes.gif

Honestly I was surprised as first when they already had this blacklist of apps that wouldnt work...Then I read your provided article about most manufacturers had an update that corrected this. I think people are actually looking for something to hate about vista anymore.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Aaaaaaand it's back in captivity again.

Microsoft pulls SP1 for Vista

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Aaaaaaand it's back in captivity again.

Microsoft pulls SP1 for Vista

wow
    snadam wrote:
    I think people are actually looking for something to hate about vista anymore.

Well it appears that SOME users have a fairly good reason...

• Options
    Well after installing Vista SP1 ive come to the conclusion that its not all that bad...

Performance has increased drastically.

Of course peoeple are like "well its a resource hog bla bla bla"

Think back to when XP came out... oh wow people said the same thing... omg 64MB ram
    was not enough to run XP flawlessly like 2000. haha go figure...

I run a e6700 4GB DDR800 and ATI HD 2600 Pro and vista runs fine for me. 5.1 rating
    with the lowest being my gamming graphics.

I've noticed alot of incompatibilities but that is expected when a new version of windows is
    released... Once again think back to XP, when it came out wow nothing worked with it. As
    time went on, software was updated and people started to use it everyday.

But any who, figured i'd put my opinion out there. But their is one thing I hate about vista
    which is theirs no drop down box to display the domains to logon to when logging into
    a domain. you have to use DOMAIN\username (which is annoying as hell) Just another
    annoying thing that all the end users have to memorize.
  • Options
    amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, Vista SP1 has been released....I have installed it over my Enterprise Edition Vista...no problems encountered.

1. The performance has been increased with 40%.

2. The stability has been increase, not dramatically but there is an increase.

On my laptop with 1.6 Mhz INTEL processor and 1 Gb RAM I have XP with XP XP3, version 3311.

Even I have some VISTA certifications and I use daily this OS at work, my old laptop hardware with specified OS configuration works awesome(stability, speed, etc)...

I do not have any reason on earth to change with something new with VISTA OS...and think about it...the SP3 is still beta...

The conclusion:

XP SP3 boost the system(+ add extra features for wireless and so on) and works slightly faster than any VISTA system with SP1.

About the security of VISTA and XP...come one...the main enemy of security is human factor.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was able to download the full Vista with SP1 slipstream iso from Microsoft and I'm running it on my laptop now. No serious problems as of yet, then again I turned off all the eye candy.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Well it was offical as of yesterday. You can download it via Windows Update or the link below
    for the standalone network install package

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en