Options

1 week to go....

kingmonkey81kingmonkey81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
and averaging 55-75% in trancenders and it's just knocking my confidence a bit.

Are transcender a good 'benchmark'? and can anyone recommend any extra reading? - (The Tech notes are great by the way!)

i've studied the Microsoft guide (and i dont want to read that from cover to cover again) and looked at a few CBT Nuggets, but just wondered if anyone could recommend a different approach with only a week to go.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Transcender was a bit more difficult than the actual test for me, but if you're scoring that low, you're kind of in rough shape (especially if you've gone through it more than once). I'd keep hitting Transcender and using Google, Technet, and/or your Microsoft resource (is that the MS Press book?) to research the answers you're getting wrong.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    make sure you update this post so i can see how you did. Im getting about 50% on Trancender too. Im curious as to how relevant and difficult the practice tests are compared to the real test.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    and averaging 55-75% in trancenders and it's just knocking my confidence a bit.

Are transcender a good 'benchmark'? and can anyone recommend any extra reading? - (The Tech notes are great by the way!)

i've studied the Microsoft guide (and i dont want to read that from cover to cover again) and looked at a few CBT Nuggets, but just wondered if anyone could recommend a different approach with only a week to go.

Thanks

If you have the time put in as many hours as you can between now and then and cram up.

Re-read the key points you scored badly in the transcender tests, watch all the CBT nugggets, try another book or study guide.

Do you have a lab setup for these? If not get this done, many people find it easier to Learn and Do than just Learn. It is also proven to increase retention of information.

You could always push the exam back and take it another week to give you time to swop up.

Get your head down, concentrate on your weakness's and you should be fine.

Good Luck!! Put the time in and you'll see the results when you click 'score test'
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    brad- wrote:
    make sure you update this post so i can see how you did. Im getting about 50% on Trancender too. Im curious as to how relevant and difficult the practice tests are compared to the real test.

Passed with 828.

I'm over the moon, because i thought i was going into it a little under prepared.

As for the transcenders, i think they are about even, maybe a little bit harder.

Doing the M2277 classroom led course next week, so hope to get the 291 done next.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Sweet!

I've gone through a few of the nuggets once more, have eliminated all of the Trancenders, and am going back over the Sybex book before our 5 day 290 class next week. I'll plan to take teh test on 3/11.

From the point where you werent doing so hot on the Trancenders, what else did you do to prep? Did you get any of those drag/drop questions? Was it heavy on anything moreso than the others?
  • Options
    brad- wrote:
    Sweet!

From the point where you werent doing so hot on the Trancenders, what else did you do to prep? Did you get any of those drag/drop questions? Was it heavy on anything moreso than the others?

I read certain sections of the study guide again that i knew were weak points, same with the nuggets. Didnt really do many more mock exams in Transcender because the same questions were coming up over again, so i used the exam optimizer section, to setup an exam with the questions that i usually struggle on, then used the 'advanced print' option to print off all the questions with explanations, then just read through them without attempting to answer them, i think that was quite useful.

As for the exam, it was evenly spread as i expected, focused heavily on access to resoucres (permissions, group scopes etc..) also a few IIS questions that i didnt cover in any form of study which i think i managed to work out logically.

Hope it helps and Good luck.....