Options

BOOKS TO USE

johnconnjohnconn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
trying to find the best study material to use.......any advice?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Syngress for book, CBT Nuggets for video training, Transcender for practice exam.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I think I heard in this forum that the MS Press is not a good resource for this particular test. I am reading the syngress book for the 291 and I plan on going that route for the 293 as well, I will add another resource as well but I am unsure what at the moment. I may be mistaken as I have not taken this test yet, if you snoop around in the forum you will find it.

Or just wait for Dynamik to respond, he is working on this right now.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    Syngress for book, CBT Nuggets for video training, Transcender for practice exam.

Royal, what do you suggest for a supplement book?
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I get all my information from Royal anyway, so anything I post will just be redundant at this point (I'm using exactly what he recommended).

The Syngress book has 918 pages of actual content (which excludes the index, question explanations, etc.), so it'll keep you busy. I don't think you really need to supplement it with another book. I'd go with CBT Nuggets if you have the money and want another resource.
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Are there any second edition for the syngress book? I can't seem to find any other book from Syngress for this exam, than the one that dates to 2003.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks. :) But is it not somewhat "outdated"?
  • Options
    The ISBN is the same as the book I purchased from Amazon.com the other week. I prefer paper.
  • Options
    Dracula28 wrote:
    Thanks. :) But is it not somewhat "outdated"?

Isn't Microsoft Windows Server 2003 kind of dated ;)
  • Options
    Hehe, yeah true that.
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    How about MS PRess book for 293??

Its my only real study source besides the internet(technet and google).

I have been passing all the MS exams so far so I think will be ok, but I heard horror stories about this particular book....

any suggestions?

I don't want to spend money on another book if I don't have to.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • Options
    It's a $0 download. Get over it icon_lol.gif

http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=9293

I'm not sure if that's an error or not. They also have it for $10 (which is more than worth it).

http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=2550
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I'm still going to lightly use the MSPress book for reference/refresher reading.

To start my studying for this test I've been skimming through chapters in the MSPress book as I like to get a good feel for exactly what the topics are and what I know about the exam already. Then I tackle the subjects that I don't understand. I read about an hour last night in the MSPress book. Today I will continue to skim through the MSPress book to wrap my head around the 293 exam. I may start Syngress skimming today.

A lot of 291 passes recently so I think we can bring some life back into this forum. I've been taking exams pretty slowly recently and I want to speed it up for at least the 293 and 284 exams.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!