Options

How can that be possible?

ArveanArvean Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I stumbled upon this website

http://www.supportresort.net/plans/sysadmin/windows.html

They offer IT services at MCSE/MCSA level for $3.84 an hour....That really increases the chance of getting hired here. I'm not whining as I know it's remote and lesser quality, still it takes away one's motivation to study...

What do you think?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comments

• Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    india has always offered cheap skilled labour. It's still a call centre though.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't worry too much about it. People get pissed when they get tech support they can't understand. Who was it, I think it was Dell or someone that had a call center in India and it became a liability for the company because people would get so pissed. They moved the call center back to the states. This was only 2 or 3 years ago maybe....I don't remember the details. Anyone else remember? icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That might be for gold support or something like that. I just called Dell to order a new LCD for a laptop a couple of weeks ago, and I got someone in India.

Regarding the OP, you could also look at this as an excuse to study harder. Make yourself more valuable than a cheap call center. Why stay at the level of $4/hr support?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry too much about it. People get pissed when they get tech support they can't understand. Who was it, I think it was Dell or someone that had a call center in India and it became a liability for the company because people would get so pissed. They moved the call center back to the states. This was only 2 or 3 years ago maybe....I don't remember the details. Anyone else remember? icon_confused.gif

BOY!!!!!!!!! i wish they would do that for the UK then! i cant stress how much i hate phoning this company so you get transfered to some guy who cant understand a word i am trying to say and i dont think he has a clue what he is trying to say! i just dont see the point of it going to india then back to the UK.

It seems to been a big trend alot of banks also got dragged into and there is a big one in the UK who are scrapping its india call centres and moving back to the UK, hopefully more will follow ! We have to pay the premium so we should get premium support.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm one of those guy that need to call tech support because of the stupid Dell computers. Most of my technician already gave up to the Dell support. I have to tell them to speak to American agent before I can talk to them.

It is out of control.... I don't support Dell anymore.

America need jobs and we need all the IT jobs back in here.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Kasor wrote:
    I'm one of those guy that need to call tech support because of the stupid Dell computers. Most of my technician already gave up to the Dell support. I have to tell them to speak to American agent before I can talk to them.

It is out of control.... I don't support Dell anymore.

America need jobs and we need all the IT jobs back in here.

Is that the Silver support you're talking about? The "dell command center" they call it? I hope not because we just got 3 new rack servers with this package.