Options

70-290 passed...

KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have to say it, this was the harder exam so far, I scored 757. I can say that I didn't study enough, I felt less confident than the past exams. I had no previous experience on Windows Server and guess it was a weak point.

LOTS of questions about Backups and Terminal Services.

My job demands a quicker certification so I'm already worried about the beast. Hope I can slay it, it's my next goal.

Comments

• Options
    StevenFL02StevenFL02 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck on the 291!

I'll be shooting for the 290 myself, hopefully soon.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Krank wrote:
    Thats one thing that aggrivates me about 290 while im studying for it. We, nor anyone else I know, would ever in their right minds use the integrated backup features...either ASR, AD, IIS, whatever. We would just use a typical 3rd party tool made for it.

As for TS, i cant imagine many places needing TS anymore. RDP i'm fine with, but every modern machine should be hardware capable of running whatever app you need it to run. Its not worth it to buy TS licenses all over the place.

I cant say that I'd use the built in performance monitoring either.
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I support many business's running TS. Yes PC speed has increased, but installing an application on ONE computer makes an admin job a lot easier. Many finance/accountant based applications require constant updates and doing this on individual computers is a nightmare.

I do agree with you in regards to NTBACKUP, the third party apps offer many more features.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    gijason2001gijason2001 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I'll be taking this test within the next week.
    Jason
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brad- wrote:
    Krank wrote:
    Thats one thing that aggrivates me about 290 while im studying for it. We, nor anyone else I know, would ever in their right minds use the integrated backup features...either ASR, AD, IIS, whatever. We would just use a typical 3rd party tool made for it.

I know what you're saying, but why would MS ask you questions about Veritas on a W2K3 exam? And, in reality, it does get used in the real world in situations where a more robust and full featured backup cannot be afforded or is not needed. As in small shops with no IT staff, just a guy who wears an IT hat in addition to his normal duties.

@ Krank:
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    there's a lot more to be said here, but I'll just leave it at agree to disagree.