Took Network+ Today Not going to believe this

ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
So i went for my exam today and started going through the questions. All of a sudden the systems crashes on me. At that point the lady rebooted my system. Then i got a few more questions done and the system crashed again. I finally got to questions 57 and all of a sudden the test told me i had to review the ones i had not filled anything out for. After i did that the test would not let me go any further. I was still suppose to have recieved another 28 questions.

So It failed me with a score of 414 out of the 57 questions i took. It looks i was on par to pass the test at least, but i could not go any further. Each questions is worth around 10 points which means that there was still an available 280 points on those 28 questions. Has this happened to anyone else before.

I was also hammered with mostly Novell and Apple questions and was shocked to get that many. It seemed like i was almost taking a Novell/Apple test.

Let me know what you guys thing about this or if anyone has ever seen this before.
CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
Cisco CCENT In Progress
MCP Server 291 In Progress
C|EH In Progress

Comments

• jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [to be said like Chris Tucker] DAMN!!!!

[normal voice] I tried to register for the test a few days ago, but the website said I already had an account. OK, so I called today and they said the system was down. Odd.

Hope ya get to take it again without paying.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    That sucks! Sorry to hear that, I was rooting for you.

I'd say it is time to jump on the phones and start hounding CompTIA's customer support until they credit you for a retake.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • andyrichandyrich Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NO! I bet you where pissed! hope you get a free exam for that!

should offer to sort there PC's out aswell! must not be on fiber :)

good luck with the retake
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I wouldn't let them get away with that, they should give you another try. I would of had some harsh words to the receptionist if that had happened to me. I would think its the test center's priority to take care of the computers and make sure stuff like that doesn't happen.

On the bright side, it should give you some time to refocus your study efforts on Apple/Novell. Knowing CompTIA it isn't a surprise that they focus in on some of the more useless pieces of information though.
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear such bad news.

I had a similar experience to that when i took the A+ 601 back in December 2007, but it let me continued to the last, which help me cause i was nervous has hell and the break helped settled my nerves. You seem to be taking quite easy i would have being pissed as hell and probably would have had to be carried out in a straight jacket. lol . GOOD LUCK next Time i'm really hurting for U. : icon_confused.gif
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    undomiel wrote:
    I'd say it is time to jump on the phones and start hounding CompTIA's customer support until they credit you for a retake.

It's not CompTIA's problem; it's Prometric or VUE. Contact whoever you took the test with.

You are certainly entitled to a free retake. Be polite, but do not take no for an answer.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Ya its Prometric or Vue. Which one did u use? My Vue tests went fine. Ive not heard anything good about Prometric, though mine went ok.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    So i am still kind of bummed out with the incident. I have to wait a few days till comptia recieves the score. And from there they should be able to tell that only 57 of them where answered.

I guess i have to call VUE on monday morning to see if its anything they have to do but i will talk to CompTIA first. They should have to reissue me another test.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldnt have left the test center without a better explanation and a certificate or at least reassurance that I would be compensated. That really sucks m8 I hope you get this straightened out.
  • NuwinNuwin Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This happened to me when I was taking the A+ exam. I forget if it was hardware or OS...

Regardless, I notified the receptionist before I submit the exam. Her advice at the moment was to simply proceed and maybe I'd pass and it would be a non-issue. Well, it failed me.

I sat around for about an hour while the receptionist was on the phone working to resolve the problem. I had taken the entire afternoon off, so I was able to sit the exam later that day and eventually passed. But I wouldn't have left without full resolution of either resiting the exam that day or having a scheduled time arranged.
    "By the power of Grayskull"
    I wish it was that simple but the lady was from india and really had no clue about anything on the test. I tried to explain to her that it was a 85 questions test and that i only got 57. She did see the 57 answered questions and also sent in a incident report on it to comptia.

I will give them a call tomorrow to see whats going to happend
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
    I called both companies and they explained that they still had to wait for my results before anything could be done.

They said it would take 3 to 5 days before this issue could get resolved.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    I had the test freeze on me during my CCNA, there was a whole suite of questions that I could not answer.
    It was my third try. I knew I had done well on the test up to that point, so I was frustrated to say the least.
    The frozen question was so near the end of the test, and I could see the timer at the bottom of the screen counting down the minutes while they tried to fix it.
    I ended up just trying to get to the next question and finish.
    Thankfully, I passed. But man, if I had failed it...
    I feel for you.
    Like everyone says, be patient and polite. But don't take no for an answer.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
    So i got my retake for sat 22nd
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • eg2505eg2505 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Think your unlucky!!!!!!!

I was about to write N+ and the F****g power went out!!!!!!

Unbelivable icon_eek.gif

We In south africa are experiancing "Load shedding", or scheduled power cuts that last around 4 hours at a time, hospitals and essential industries not exempt.

Mad is just beginning to describe how I felt

I was F****g pissed, that here in south africa, We dont even have power to write a simple test that the whole F****g world write's,

I thought I should fly to Micronesia or some other Remote Pacific Island where they at least have power.

So if you thought you got the short end of the stick, think about me next time :D