Options

ICND 1

fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello peeps

I am half way through the Cisco Press ICND 1 book. So far so good, now its getting onto the Cisco terminology....my brain is starting to hurt.

My question is this, has anyone taken the CCENT exam which can offer good advice on what is the best area to study?

I have no real experience of configuring a router/switch. So I went out a purchased one so I can learn all the basic commands and get to a basic level with the Cisco features.

Any help or suggests are welcome, just need to see if im good enough to progress in the networking field.

Thanks

Matt.
MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 640-822 ICND1 exam blueprint pretty much tells you what you need to know and understand for the exam. Tasks that start with verify, implement, configure, troubleshoot, etc., indicate possible tasks you may be asked to demonstrate hands-on (SIMs or Simlets) on the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    127.0.0.1127.0.0.1 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I myself passed the CCENT exam today, but I cannot tell you what specific topics you need to study or the questions that I received on the test because of the Exam Policy that I signed.

If you know how to subnet, and you understand all the topics covered in Wendell Odom's Certification Guide, this exam will be a piece of cake for you. Take the practice test provided with Wendell Odom's CCENT book, and if you get a good score, you will definitely pass the real exam.