Deploying MS Exchange Server 2003 in a company

MitchzMitchz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi to all =D...

did somebody got xp deploying by first time ms xchange server 2003 in a company??...how did you do? what steps did you follow up??

thx
if i could, i would =D

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to ask. If you have problems asking properly in English (I am assuming English is not your native language), try using the following site to translate your question:
    http://translator.live.com/ or http://www.google.com/language_tools
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • MitchzMitchz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok man ;)...

do you have experience implanting by the first time MS EXCHANGE 2003 IN a COMPANY??? maybe you can help me giving some friendly procedures that you followed; is this complicated or not?

i hope you understand me now hehe
    if i could, i would =D
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It can get a little complicated, but it is easier then upgrading from an older version of Exchange or migrating from a different email platform.

First make sure everything is working properly in Active Directory. Then figure out what server you are going to install Exchange onto (existing server or new server). Does the server meet the requirements? Will you be enabling internet email? If so, who has the ability to create the MX record? What type of limits will you be setting on the mailboxes? What anti-virus and spam filter will you be using?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    ajs1976 wrote:
    It can get a little complicated, but it is easier then upgrading from an older version of Exchange or migrating from a different email platform.

First make sure everything is working properly in Active Directory. Then figure out what server you are going to install Exchange onto (existing server or new server). Does the server meet the requirements? Will you be enabling internet email? If so, who has the ability to create the MX record? What type of limits will you be setting on the mailboxes? What anti-virus and spam filter will you be using?

Uhmm...it´s the first time i´m going yo deploy it

by the way...do you have some information in order to deploy it successfully(in an easy way could be better, if not, no problem), and yeah i have active directory working as well as my servers.
    if i could, i would =D
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Active Directory working is not the same thing as Active Directory being healthy and right.

I don't know what you really want us to do for you here. We can't tell you how to deploy Exchange the right way for an environment that we literally don't have any information about. There's also no quick catch all answer for how to deploy it right.
    Good luck to all!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. Get a big server.
    2. Insert Exchange 2003 CD.
    3. Follow prompts.
    4. Reboot.

Seriously, I would recommend buying a book, either one of these would be good:

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-284): Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003

Learning Exchange Server 2003

There is no "Step 1,2,3" to setting up Exchange. You need to do the research, lay the groundwork, and really understand what you are doing.

If you have more specific questions along the way we'll be glad to help. Good luck. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    1. Get a big server.
    3. Follow prompts.
    4. Reboot.

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-284): Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003

There is no "Step 1,2,3" to setting up Exchange. You need to do the research, lay the groundwork, and really understand what you are doing.

If you have more specific questions along the way we'll be glad to help. Good luck. :)

ohh...

you´re right man....

i thought there is some steps to setting up Exchange...uhmmm so my question would be: ¿what books or free white papers recommend me in order to implant MS XCHANGE SERVER 2003 successfully?

and... of course...if i have questions related to deployment process...i´ll ask to this forum

thx to all
    if i could, i would =D
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    www.microsoft.com/exchange

It's all there.

Have a blast...
    Good luck to all!
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    sprkymrk wrote:
    1. Get a big server.
    3. Follow prompts.
    4. Reboot.

Mark is right on...it is pretty simple and the installation will tell you step by step what you will need to do to prepare your AD forest and environment for the installation...in fact, it won't install until you are done with the required prerequisites.

Does the company already have a messaging systems? Does it have an Active Directory Infrastructure? Are you guys using any Smart Hosts or support for Mobile Devices? I would get a book or take a class because installing it may be easy, but configuring it may be a different story if you haven't dove deep in it before...SMTP connectors, Routing Group Connectors, Server Policies, Recipient Policies, Public Folder hieracrchy and replication, etc. Since Exchang eis highly integrated with Active directory, I would suggest getting a book on Active Directory as well...something as simple as trying to install Exchange in a Site with no Global Catalog will be a VERY HUGE roadblock. Leaving it configured as default install will also create security vulnerablilites.

In short...it isn't too bad, the monky prompt and check boxes will guide you through the install. I just wanted to stress that just installing it is about 15% of the work...if not lower (just threw that percentage out :) ).
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)