Options

total time to prep for 70-270

johnjlopezjohnjlopez Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
waht would you guys guestimate the total time needed to properly prepare for this test?

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on your experience/back ground/and how much you are trying to learn.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    It took me about a month to prepare for the 70-270 exam.

As a warning, do not underestimate the Windows XP exam.
  • Options
    katel2kkatel2k Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what do you mean by underestimating the xp? like, not taking it seriously? hmmmmm im gonna prepare atleast 6 months before I try taking the test, is that good enough?
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    With common use since the OS came out, 1 book and 1 month of study I felt ready. Only you will know when you feel ready, but you can use my experience as a rough time line for yourself if you think you can do it.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    With common use since the OS came out, 1 book and 1 month of study I felt ready. Only you will know when you feel ready, but you can use my experience as a rough time line for yourself if you think you can do it.

Good Luck!

That was pretty much my experience as well.

There's no need to set a hard limit for study time (i.e. six months). If you feel like you're ready, take the exam. If you're still unsure of yourself, hold off.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I worked for Geek Squad and a help desk for just less than two years of XP experience. Still took me about 6 months to prepare and pass. I didn't spend every day studying or anything.

But you are probably going to read two books (Microsoft and Sybex recommended) and run 30+ labs which will consume days! (learn how to use Vmware server!)

Finally, after finishing that, you'll be hammering out Q&As looking for holes in your knowledge. (Transcender recommended).

And some people like to watch vidoes, such as those at www.vtc.com or www.cbtnuggets.com.

Good luck and let us know you progress.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    With an average of 2 hours a day spent over MSPress for 1.5 months & following it up with 2 weeks of intensive MeasureUP Practice tests, i managed to score 842. Had One year of Prior experience. Did'nt do any rigourous Labs though.
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    ISpankIISpankI Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    about one month..
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    It all depends on your experience, and I don't think there is a universal standard for translating years of experience to weeks of study time. Studying too long is a waste of time, while not studying long enough is a waste of money when you fail. Many people underestimate this test - I was one of them - and think just because they have been using XP for a few years that makes them ready for the exam. It doesn't - you need to study in order to be successful. Six months might be a bit much, though.
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Mishra wrote:
    Depends on your experience/back ground/and how much you are trying to learn.
    ahah, that is amazing. I agree, at all on the second part of Your phrase. icon_cool.gif
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    johnjlopez wrote:
    waht would you guys guestimate the total time needed to properly prepare for this test?

Depends on experience. I'm 26 now and I was 23/24 when I passed it with (I believe) 1 month of studying. I'm pretty sure I could knock it out in a 5 day refresher, same with 291.
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103