Options

Any DNS questions?

rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if there are any DNS questions on the exam. The thing is that 70-290 objectives doesn't mention anything about DNS. Two books I am using to study don't mention anything about DNS either. However, I've seen several DNS questions on Transcender, and I think even MeasureUp. And those were not just simple ones (something about cname, A, PTR or whatever). Does anyone remember if there were any DNS questions on 70-290? icon_rolleyes.gif
-= The Ray

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought the same, but I am shocked when I see those "easy" DNS questions on preparation sources... anyone recall having anything unusual about DNS on 70-290? icon_confused.gif:
    -= The Ray
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd use the exam objectives (that Mark posted) as opposed to study materials for guidance as to what will be on the exam.

To answer your question, no, I do not recall DNS being covered on the exam (with the possible exception of basic TCP/IP configuration).
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    There are no DNS questions but there might be a question that requires you to look at a diagram of a network showing a DNS server, AD server and workstations with the IP addresses.

The question may ask why the workstation cannot connect to each other.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I didnt use any exam questions prep software before the exam, only my original MCSE course notes and MSPress questions, but I never saw any direct DNS questions.

But in all honesty getting to know just the front of DNS before you approach the Beast is worth it.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The only DNS-related information I remember from 70-290 were things having to do with the process of setting up DNS using the wizard, and setting it up when doing a DC promo. It was really more along the lines of "what checkbox do you choose/what buttons do you push", kinds of stuff. You don't need to know the ins and outs of how DNS works, just enough to set up a forward (and reverse) lookup zone.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.