CCIE #20000 - Larry Edie

mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I finally found out the name of Number 20,000

IE Numbers is already at 20125, seems like the CCIE is becomming really popular,
good thing they are comming out with the CCDE and CCIA to set apart the ultimate
guru's.

Larry Edie - Security - #20,000
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCIA? Citrix already has a CCIA: Citrix Certified Integration Architect.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco Certified Internetwork Architect
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Hopefully this many CCIE's are needed otherwise the salary range for a CCIE will drop :S
    Now working full time!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Humper wrote:
    Hopefully this many CCIE's are needed otherwise the salary range for a CCIE will drop :S

It has already dropped.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There isn't actually 20,000 active CCIEs. People let these things expire, and I don't think every single number has been assigned either.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mgeorge27 wrote:

Wasn't that the original name before they changed it to the CCDE?
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Yes the market will be flooded with IEs and they will be making 20k (assuming they can even find a job!)
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    With only 5,000 CCIE's in the U.S...subtract the inactive ones....I'm not too concerned about job security (when the time comes, that is)...

..I only see the demand growing over the next few years.
  • larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    Mrock4 wrote:
    With only 5,000 CCIE's in the U.S...subtract the inactive ones....I'm not too concerned about job security (when the time comes, that is)...

where is information coming from that thee are only 5k IE's in the US?
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
    ITdude wrote:
    mgeorge27 wrote:

no, the CCIA or CCMA (they have not made an official name) will be above both CCIE and CCDE
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    no, the CCIA or CCMA (they have not made an official name) will be above both CCIE and CCDE

Ooohhh... icon_eek.gif
    Where are the details brother? Where did you get this information?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    larkspur wrote:
    Mrock4 wrote:

where is information coming from that thee are only 5k IE's in the US?
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/certified_ccies/worldwide.html
    An official cisco employee discusses the CCMA/CCIA in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOz-FSpC-k
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Only 650ish in Canada. Between the 6 or 7 major cities we have, they can be a hot commodity here :P
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    An official cisco employee discusses the CCMA/CCIA in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOz-FSpC-k

That is the shizzle man..
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    ITdude wrote:
    mgeorge27 wrote:

Just when you think you are reaching for the pinnacle, they raise it! :Dicon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

GT-Rob wrote:
    Yes the market will be flooded with IEs and they will be making 20k (assuming they can even find a job!)

Don't be jealous because you don't have one...

Yeah I make 20k....x9

All the new CCIE's are mostly security (its a super easy track right now) R&S is still @3.8% pass rate , voice is less than that and when you have about 30,000 people testing a year and you pass about 1,500 I'd say its a hard test, a test you won't be passing for a LONG time.

Now go sit down.
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    Don't be jealous because you don't have one...

Yeah I make 20k....x9

All the new CCIE's are mostly security (its a super easy track right now) R&S is still @3.8% pass rate , voice is less than that and when you have about 30,000 people testing a year and you pass about 1,500 I'd say its a hard test, a test you won't be passing for a LONG time.

Now go sit down.

Well they obviously don't test on humour or sarcasm registering abilities in CCIE do they
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's the point of this thread? icon_rolleyes.gif

Regardless of what you may think the CCIE lab is a tough test, and it's still highly regarded everywhere. New certifications are coming out but without having taken them how can you say one is "harder" or a "higher level" than another? Cisco has not put the CCDE on a level higher than the CCIE, so it's not going to set you apart. The other (CCIA or CCMA, the name hasn't made it through legal yet) certification? We'll see. How many people are currently chasing the Microsoft Certified Architect? Yeah that's what I thought. Just because a vendor adds a new certification does not mean it's going to take off at all. Kudos to anyone who gets it, but it's just a certification.

If you want to set yourself on a pedestal go find a cure for cancer.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    AlanJames wrote:
    Well they obviously don't test on humour or sarcasm registering abilities in CCIE do they
    As I said in this thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23519
    mikej412 wrote:
    That's when I realized that to become a CCIE you not only have to give up your social life, but your sense of humor too.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    That's when I realized that to become a CCIE you not only have to give up your social life, but your sense of humor too.

No offense, but it seems like when people give up their social life and sense of humour for
    the CCIE, they never seem to gain it back.. Clearly there seems to be an abundance of
    penurious CCIE's.
    dtlokee wrote:

As you can see, the purpose of this thread is to tell people who has CCIE #20,000.
    While you may not care, others may want to know who got that number.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    penurious

adj.

1. Unwilling to spend money; stingy.
    2. Yielding little; barren: a penurious land.
    3. Poverty-stricken; destitute.

Sounds like CCIEs have it rough. I may have to rethink my long-term goals. icon_lol.gif
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:

No offense, but it seems like when people give up their social life and sense of humour for
    the CCIE, they never seem to gain it back.. Clearly there seems to be an abundance of
    penurious CCIE's.
    dtlokee wrote:

As you can see, the purpose of this thread is to tell people who has CCIE #20,000.
    While you may not care, others may want to know who got that number.

You're right I don't care, I have my own number and don't need to live vicariously through others.

You lost me on the "penurious", not sure what not having money has to do with no sense of humor or social life.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    dtlokee wrote:
    If you want to set yourself on a pedestal go find a cure for cancer.

It's okay everyone I'm working on it icon_lol.gif

So much effort put into this thread for such a random piece of info........ :p I'll be sure to remember the name of CCIE# 20,000 when I'm in my BCMSN exam.... hehe

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let's keep this on subject fellows..... Dragging posts off on tangents is uncalled for and unprofessional. We're all adults here.
  • AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    Has anybody considered the CCIEs might be just a little overrated? I mean, the Ph.D of the networking certifications? Maybe they are so if we think as the highest one you can get, but in terms of work? I doubt it. Not only doubt it, it's not true.

If we compare the hours required to start from 0 to get to the CCIE and the hours one kid just out of school needs to get a Ph.D, the comparisson is just silly. Dont you guys think that the CCIE would be the equivalent of a Master's??

Why would one have to leave behind social life or any other aspect of life to pursue the CCIE? Balance is one of the most important things in life IMHO. ?
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    GT-Rob wrote:

Haha! Yeah - CCIEs looking for helpdesk jobs, since it's all they can find. icon_pale.gif Or "must have a minimum of 15 years experience....." I guess that would push a CCNA down to working at Radio Shack.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Well, I figure having no live for a couple years is worth it. It won't be worth it for everyone. Life is all about priorities, and everyone is going to prioritize differently.
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You CCNA'ers crack me up. Don't talk down about a certification you wish you had.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikeeo wrote:
    You CCNA'ers crack me up. Don't talk down about a certification you wish you had.

And don't let arrogance ruin the reputation of a good cert either. I'm not even sure who upset you this time. I hope you aren't referring to the ones obviously joking around.
    All things are possible, only believe.
This discussion has been closed.